I have a Curve 8300 that I use at work and we have a bb ... RIM Desktop Software forum

johnanderson no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Desktop Manager on 2 computers

Advertisement

I have a Curve 8300 that I use at work and we have a bb server. I installed the desktop software at work and it works fine. I also installed the desktop software on my home computer so I could use the multimedia software to transfer music files to my Curve. The problem is when I connect the Curve to my home computer to add music, the desktop software causes the Curve to stop being able to send emails. I can still recieve emails with no problem, just can't send them. I have to connect the Curve to my computer at work to get the email send function working again. Actually, the emails I send show on the Curve as if they have been sent, they have a check mark next to them. They just don't get recieved by the recipient.

All I really want to be able to do with my home computer is download music files to the Blackberry. Does anyone know how I can stop my home computer from disabling the email send ability?

DeputyPS no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249EF7BC

Re: Desktop Manager on 2 computers

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I have a similar problem. Desktop software at work on a BES and desktop software at home to load files and sync Outlook calendar. It doesn't mess up my emails but I still have not sync'd my home Outlook with my work Outlook via the BB. Seems like this should be a lot easier.

shmengie no está en línea Stack level 4

hmmm...i also have dm on my home and work pc. i sync my mail from home and only use the work dm for installing/uninstalling apps. i have yet to run into any probs.

mmorgan1865 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F91A45

I have it installed on both home and office. I sync my mini safe program and have done os upgrades and backups at home. I do backups at work and have downloaded mp3 files to my 8800 and have had no problems with E-Mail. I do not sync my Outlook on either machine as I am connected to a BES at work.

jestar15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    400DD044

Have you tried to set the DTM so that it does not automatically 'synch' when it's connected to your desktop/laptop, and I would also recommed installing it for the BIS option as opposed to the BES or Redirector, this will attempt to 'push' new MIME (email) service books to your phone and may be changing the default message service.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Also.

If you are on a BES server, and you set up a 2nd desktop manager, when you install it, tell it you are a BIS user and NOT a BES user.

In fact, I believe unless you are using redirector, if you are on a bes and install DM, always tell it that you are a BIS user. you will thank me in the future.