Hey all. I upgraded to 4.6.1.231 a while ago and now every time I connect ... RIM Desktop Software forum

jaymzb0nd no está en línea Stack level 3

Desktop Manager keeps trying to get me to upgrade OS after I already did

Advertisement

Hey all. I upgraded to 4.6.1.231 a while ago and now every time I connect to Desktop Manager a pop up message comes on asking me upgrade to that version although I already have. The only thing I can think of that would make it keep doing this is maybe having the OS still on my computer however I uninstalled it after upgrading. Any ideas?

paulypaul no está en línea Stack level 3
    click on next or ok, I forget the command. let it try to upgrade, it will notice your bb is fine and will not ask you again.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Might that be that you installed a version for another carrier and now you current carrier has released the same OS version, you can click on cancel or select yes, then DM should no upgrade is needed and will stop asking you to do so.
    BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.130 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    To get it to stop doing this, go to add remove programs and select repair DM. Unselect the auto update option and it will stop doing this.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Out of curiosity, is it asking you to upgrade the 'Core Applications', or just one feature such as a language support package? For some reason after I went to .231 from T-Mo, it kept prompting me to install the English UK update even though I didn't have the package installed at all. I did what PaulyPaul and Ealvnv suggested and it stopped.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

thanks guys. mstrawder, it asks for the core applications

BoSoxFan82 no está en línea Stack level 4
    You can also delete the OS and it will stop doing that
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.266 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    BoSoxFan is correct and deleting the OS will stop it. It worked perfectly for me and you really do not need it anymore.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Ok. I was curious because I had the language problem with .231, but not .250. Had a similar problem with another version and was trying to isolate the cause since it appeared in one OS install versus another.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

i did delete the OS after the initial installation

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymzb0nd View Post
    i did delete the OS after the initial installation
    have you used maxmen or any app to delete things like the sample pictures or any other thing, also, maybe your carrier has released the same version with different features that didnt came with the version you got....again select yes and dm should end saying no update needed, or select cancel...
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    when you say you deleted it after the initial installation, did you click on it and delete the file or did you remove it using add/remove software in control panel. you will need to do the later to remove the file from your pc. then you won't get the prompt to update core apps anymore. mine has done this on the bold and the storm, so im guessing its a new 4.6+ issue.

thanks guys. yea, i used the add/remove software to remove the OS. also, yesterday i clicked yes to go through with the install and it said it was going to upgrade certain features such as AIM but remove others such as BBM, Google Talk, etc. that scared me so i canceled but if it happens again i'm going to go through with it and do a device restore if it messes up my phone

i went through with the update today and it's working fine now. will have to wait until i restart the computer to see if it harasses me anymore