When I try to sync my bb with outlook, desktop manager closes. I had no ... RIM Desktop Software forum

karenfallon no está en línea Stack level 1

Desktop Manager keeps crashing

Advertisement

When I try to sync my bb with outlook, desktop manager closes. I had no problems setting it up, but now when I try to sync, DM closes down. I have tried all of the solutions posted here as well as on other sites to no avail. The only thing I can't do is change the synch options. When I try to change them, DM shuts down. It will sync date/time and complete a back up and restore. I have tried down grading both DM and OS, deleting Intellisync files, etc, etc. Can anyone help?

BTW, I had no problems with my 8703 synching with outlook on same computer prior to upgrading my bb.

Storm
    DM 4.7
    OS 4.7.0.148
    Verizon
    Outlook 2003 on XP

Toochief no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31A007B0
    I have the same exact issue so I hope somone who has a solution will chime in.

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    Use the free program below.
    http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_..._download.html
    Leave it at the default settings.
    Use it to uninstall DM 4.7 completely.

Reinstall DM. I use 4.6 because 4.7 is STILL buggy.

I assume you use Outlook Connector?
    If not, get it here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Make sure that you have all of the Outlook updates/patches applied.
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

I have changed the desktop manager multiple times but just to be sure, I did it again and installed 4.6. Now, when I plug in my BB, the DM does not recognize it. I get a pop up of added new hardware and the system is looking for the driver to install new hardware.

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Have you tried using a different USB port to plug into?

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    It sounds like the drivers did not get installed with the DM, for some reason.
    You can download the BB drivers separately from BB's website.
    (reboot your pc afterwards)
    You might try rebooting now.
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

I have tried using different USB ports. The computer recognizes the bb, just not the DM software. I have also downloaded the driver separately and that did not work either.

Update- Problem solved

Today I decided to start back at the beginning with the 4.7 CD that came with the bb. After loading the software and all of the updates I tried to synch it again. The process went further than it had in the past (actually started synching). Then it crashed again. Trying to figure out how I could access the synch options without it crashing, I checked the properties of desktop manager by right clicking the icon. Going through the tabs, I looked at everything and under compatability mode, it was checked to Run in Compatabiilty Mode for Windows NT. With nothing to lose, I unchecked that box and tried again. Eureka. Synching like a charm. Hope it helps someone else.