How come in the past few days when I go to load an application, right ... RIM Desktop Software forum

clarkkent51ny no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    305DA705

desktop manager help

Advertisement

How come in the past few days when I go to load an application, right before I click on "add", it tells me that its going to erase all my stuff. So, I go up and check off all the boxes so that they dont erase, and it shows that all my 3rd party apps are not recognized, and it says it is going to remove them. So I end up just canceling the installation.

Anyone know what this is all about?
    im running the 4.3 os
    This is my Blackberry. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without me my Blackberry is useless. Without my Blackberry I am useless.

BDG51@vzw.blackberry.net
    http://briandominic.vox.com/

natesax7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244d259a
    no change in device? or device os?

What exactly does the error message say?

I had a similar problem when upgrading to 4.5 beta on my curve. It happened because the third party's weren't recognized by the new software version associated with the desktop manger.

I just made a back up of my device before doing the upgrade, then loaded the back up after the upgrade and had everything available.

PIN/ID
    305DA705
    it doesnt give me an error, it just says "apps to be erased" and lists them all. I havent changed OS, or device.
    This is my Blackberry. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without me my Blackberry is useless. Without my Blackberry I am useless.

BDG51@vzw.blackberry.net

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkkent51ny View Post
    it doesnt give me an error, it just says "apps to be erased" and lists them all. I havent changed OS, or device.
    Are the "applications to be erased" somehow unchecked for some weird reason? If so do you still get the error if they are checked?

PIN/ID
    305DA705
    if I check the bb software boxes then they wont erase, but it still doesnt recognize my third party apps, and all my themes.

BDG51@vzw.blackberry.net

natesax7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244d259a
    have you uninstall/reinstalled the DM and OS on the computer?

I would start there making sure that the corresponding OS on the computer does fit the model phone you have. I do know, for example, if you have 8800 O/S and an 8820 device the DM has problems with third party apps. I'm sure you've checked that though.

PIN/ID
    305DA705
    ok I been installing themes and apps and all of a sudden this happens? I dont get it, I didnt change anything. I reinstalled the DM and device software, and it still doesnt recognize the modules of all my 3rd party apps.

I want everyone to understand what im saying. It DOESENT say "no apps found for my device". It does find the apps but it UNCHECKS all the preinstalled software that comes with the phone and it doesnt recognize any themes or apps that are ALREADY on the phone so it tries to erase them. I have to cancel out or I will have nothing on my phone.
    WTF is goin on!!??

BDG51@vzw.blackberry.net

PIN/ID
    305DA705
    Help meeeeee lol

¤Via Curvelicious¤

nucmanchh no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20671BF5
    I had the same problem. It forced me to stop using DM. Now I just do OTA downloads

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    brian, what apps have you installed recently?

this has happened to me and to DJSmooth.

but neither of us had any 'apps' installed recently in common. but we do both build themes ... so i am still unsure of the corellation. the last thing i installed before this happened to me was vlingo beta.

PIN/ID
    305DA705
    I read that whole thread where it happened to. Gary sent it to me so I just deleted everything and started from scratch.

I think the last thing I installed was that new poynt thingy app. Not sure

BDG51@vzw.blackberry.net

twj332 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    whoknows
    I have same issue with desktop manager - when I install a new application it will install it (the new one) but then deletes previously installed applications that are "not recognized"
    RIM has provided me with no solution other than the applications create security concerns.
    My soln is OTA installation
    PBr4.1.0 rel518 PL2.2.0.171 A4.1.0.373 on Tbaytel network with fast 100

PIN/ID
    305DA705
    yup i just went ahead and let the DM erase everything and started from scratch. :cry:

Seems to be ok now tho...

BDG51@vzw.blackberry.net