Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Looks like I'm not the only one with the connection problem; to review, I have ... RIM Desktop Software forum

kidvicious no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Desktop Manager not finding USB connection to BB 7100x

Advertisement

Looks like I'm not the only one with the connection problem; to review, I have 7105t, using a HP dv8000t, XP Pro SP2, (2 months old), connecting using USB cable directly to laptop. Tmobile had me uninstall, reinstall DM, turn off power management to the USB ports and the RIM handheld is still recognized by the XP, but cannot be enabled due to driver file not found. DM 4.01.10 shows USB driver 1.1.0.2, so why is XP not able to access the file? T mobile now wants me to contact Microsoft about an update.. don't think it's an OS problem. When the BB is connected to laptop, it does charge. Anyone have any other suggestions? When I originally accessed DM, it did work, just doesn't connect now.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Have you tried using a differnt port on your laptop. Some laptops have problems like this and using a differnt port, one one the back of the laptop, will work.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

jvBB no está en línea Stack level 1

Desktop Manager not finding USB connection to BB 7100x

Quote Originally Posted by gmaxlat
    I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Desktop Manager as well as the device drivers and USB drivers. I am using windows XP with all available updates and for some unknown reason cannot connect at all. I have loaded the software onto another PC (also XP) and it connect fine. Has anyone had a similar problem or know any ways to solve this. thanks.
    I have the same problem as above. And I don't think this thread ever resolved the issue. I have tried different USB ports and I've used other devices on that same USB port. So, it's not the USB port, it's not the software nor the BB, b/c they both work fine an another PC I tried.

So what can I do? Please help.

michaelcramos no está en línea Stack level 2

how do you know which one to down load and where do you put the file once youve down loaded it im scared to do it i dont want to lose everything when i plug in my 8100 to the usb and try to convert a file to my bb the pc is not finding it plus i lost my browser and im afraid to mess it up more is there any safe walk through ways for me to fix it maybe step by step and im with cingular

richiewild no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm having similar probs.
    I have a BB 8100 which has just been replaced. I dropped the old one in the bath! Yeah, i know!
    I'm with Orange and had insurance so they replace it within 24 hours.
    My old handset worked fine with DM. I got my replacement handset this afternoon and the DM cannot find device.
    I'm using same PC, same USB cable, same USB port.
    When I connect the BB the PC recognises it immediately but the DM pops up with Device not found.

I have uninstalled DM and re-installed.

Just weitd that the old BB 8100 connected no probs; but this one cannot.

Any ideas?

regards
    Richie

richiewild no está en línea Stack level 1

Great news!! Fixed!!!

It wasn't the DM software.

I rebooted my PC again and this time when my PC recognised the Blackberry device I followed the PC's "installing New Hardware" steps.
    It said I needed to install a weird "usbccgp.sys". I searched on Google for it and it talks about it being needed on Win XP SP2. But I've got that and installed all Microsoft updates, and most important I didn't need it with my previous handset.

But, I got a warning saying that Microsoft didn't recommend installing it as it was not a recognised nor trusted source, but the PC set a system restore so I thought what the heck?! Been so frustrated over this it was worth the risk.

As soon as it installed, the DM recognised my BB.

Weird or what??

I still don't understand how come my previous BB worked OK without this download, but not the new one?

I hate technology!

But at least I'm back in business.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12