I hope I'm posting this in the right forum. Affected device is BB 8900 running ... RIM Desktop Software forum

Rivera42 no está en línea Stack level 1

Desktop Manager Error After Fixing 523 On Device

Advertisement

I hope I'm posting this in the right forum.

Affected device is BB 8900 running OS 4.6.1.231

I had a 523 error after installing a 3rd-party theme. A kind member at another site let me know this could be fixed by using loader.exe to find and remove the offending module. I did this and my Berry was back to normal.

During the process, I removed the module for the problem theme, to which I hadn't made any settings changes including the wallpaper, and I also removed another theme I had installed earlier that day, and which had not caused a problem. I did it "just in case." I later reinstalled that non-problematic theme, but this was after the following problem appeared.

I went to back up my data using Desktop Manager (Version 5.0.1), and everything went well except for the "theme options" (or is it "theme settings"...?). I was rewarded with an error message stating that it could not be backed up ("0 of 1"). Just that one "database;" so far as I can tell everything else was backed up successfully. Theme Options is listed, but instead of having a number and a filesize next to it, the columns are completely blank.

I thought this might have had to do with the device remembering the settings for that 2nd, non-problematic theme I'd removed. So I reinstalled it, did the customary battery pull, and attempted to do another backup. Same error message.

See Attached Screenshots.

The only remedy I can think of is to restore theme settings from an older backup file that pre-dates the new theme even being installed. The only other remedy that comes to mind is the suggestion that I uninstall and then reinstall Desktop Manager.

EDiT: I used Add/Remove Programs for DM and selected the "Repair" option. I was prompted to reboot my PC, which I then did. After loading DM I did a backup and the problem persisted.
    Attached Images Attached Images

It's been a week. Can't anybody help with this?

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Open DM and go to back up and restore, then seleck advanced, on the window at your right hand side look for the theme settings, and choose clear, after that try to do a normal backup and see if that works.

ferdjani no está en línea Stack level 1
    mon pc ne detecte pas mon blackberry

Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    Open DM and go to back up and restore, then seleck advanced, on the window at your right hand side look for the theme settings, and choose clear, after that try to do a normal backup and see if that works.
    I did this, and it *seems* to have worked. The thing is, not long after I performed this step I upgraded my OS from 4.6.1.231 to 5.0.0.411 so I'll have to wait and see if things worked out fully.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ferdjani View Post
    mon pc ne detecte pas mon blackberry
    Anybody speak French?

Would have to translate our thread on what to do when the PC can't detect the device.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Anybody speak French?

Would have to translate our thread on what to do when the PC can't detect the device.

That would be "my PC does not detect my blackberry", Rog. You should bookmark this link, I have to use it as a mod on BS as we have many people speaking other languages from time to time.

Google Translator

hope this helps . .
    Last edited by thbassman; 03-25-2010 at 09:22 PM.
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

After Upgrading to OS 5...I STILL GET THIS SAME THEME SETTINGS BACKUP ERROR!

This is AFTER using Advanced Backup/Restore to CLEAR that database and THEN upgrading.