So I downloaded 4.5 OS from here https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...190CAAD5802983 and I can run the app loader ... RIM Desktop Software forum

mred612 no está en línea Stack level 2

Desktop Manager Doesn't work!!!

Advertisement

So I downloaded 4.5 OS from here https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...190CAAD5802983 and I can run the app loader but the desktop Manager doesn't work at all!!! I've erased the vendor.xml and still nothing. I have rebooted comp. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanx!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    What version of the Desktop Manager do you have and are you running Vista or XP?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    The version is 4.5 and its from UK and I am running vista. I used 2 have a pearl, well I still do, but I had 4.2 installed and the DM worked fine. I even had a shortcut set up 4 it. I ininstalled that then restarted my pc, then downloaded 4.5 and when installing it never have me an option 2 make a shortcut 4 it. So I had 2 manually go in 2 program files, common files and then RIM and the desktop manager will not work. I can get the apploader 2 work.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    There is a more current 4.5 OS for your device which can be found here.

You might also want to consider DM 4.6 which you can get here.

Also, before downloading either the OS or the DM, go into your Control Panel>Programs and Features and delete anything that says BlackBerry Desktop Manager or BlackBerry Device Software. You can even go a step further with the DM uninstall and follow the instructions in this thread to make sure you have a clean install of the newer version.

Hope this helps!

Roger

Thanx SO MUCH!!!!! I guess I still had other stuff from Blackberry still on my PC. But I also downloaded Desktop Manager 4.6 and it worked like a CHARM!!!!! Thanx again!

npaque no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31C806E4
    Oooh I hope this works for my xp at home. The mgr works but the media mgr freezes up everytime I select it. Someone suggested 4.6 also. Thx