I recently upgraded to Desktop Manager 4.1. Everything seemed great at first and all my ... RIM Desktop Software forum

Scully no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    201B4F65

Smile Desktop Manager and Intellisync

Advertisement

I recently upgraded to Desktop Manager 4.1. Everything seemed great at first and all my new themes are working but now I've only just realised that the Intellisync component of DM is missing and my address book hasn't been sync'ing since the upgrade.

Did I stuff up the DM 4.1 install ?
    How to I load the Intellisync Component into DM 4.1 ?

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Desktop Manager and Intellisync

this may not matter but ensure you install the 'Internet service' and not the Enterprise (BES). Unless of course you are on BES.

PIN/ID
    201B4F65

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by 'internet service'. I recently downloaded the DM 4.1 and the Intellisync icon does not appear in Desktop Manager at all.

Last night I reinstalled DM4.1 a couple of times and Intellisync still doesn't appear.

I used to have a Palm with Intellisync and it was a separate application from the Palm Desktop. I had to reinstall Palm Desktop a couple of weeks ago and this may have upset the BB DM. Last night I completely deleted everything I could find relating to Intellisync and reloaded DM4.1 and still no luck.

In DM4.1 if I look under 'help' and then 'About Desktop Manager' it mentions than Intellisync and its logo are trademarks....etc... but Intellisync is not there at all. Do I have a dud version of DM4.1 and if you suspect so... which version/source could you recommend?

PIN/ID
    201B4F65

Just downloaded DM 4.1.0.10 and installed it over the top of 4.1.0.8 and still no luck. I did however encounter an error during install. It didn't seem to relate to my issue at all but wasn't sure.

The error was ....

Error 1904. Module C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\Blackberry\Connectors\MS Outlook Connector\ilxolkCompanion.fil failed to register. HRESULT -2147024770.

Since I'm a Notes user and don't use MS Oulook I chose the 'Ignore' option and completed the install.

Still no luck.

PIN/ID
    201B4F65

I've subsequently summised that the previous error must be causing the error. I suspect that this issue may also cause other files to not load during the install.

V3.6 works fine (ie. no errors and includes Intellisync)
    V4.0.1.19 (beta), 4.1.0.8 and V4.1.0.10 all bring up the erorr.

A quite similar erorr was noted in the BB Knowledge Base Article KB-03928.
    I haven't got a solution for my problem yet (other than using V3.6) but hope someone can help.

_Bulz_Eye_ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32c2287a

I would run a virues scan on your pc real fast like, that jave script vires hit hard this week, it's possibel that could be your problem, also I have notice that Rim's software will not load up at all while running a background anti-virus program, as well as -belive it or not- firewall.

bpinet no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Re: Desktop Manager and Intellisync

I am having exactly the same problem. We do not use Outlook so it was not installed. I went through all the tech docs on the Blackberry site Article KB-03928 for the error 1904 which offered 4 different resolutions to try - none worked for me. Then I found Article KB-05308 for file IlxolkCompanion.fl not registering - that fix did not work either. I have a call into Verizon and they have escalated it because the only resolutions they have are the ones I have already tried. If anyone has any other suggestions that would be great. I even tried installing outlook and updating again, but no good.

bpinet no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Re: Desktop Manager and Intellisync

Now Blackberry has had me do a clean uninstall Blackberry article KB-02206, being sure to note the additional information at the end of the article that says - before reinstalling the blackberry desktop software see article KB-04840 to register the atl.dll file, which of course I did yesterday, but what the heck I'll try anything at this point. Reinstall reproduced the exact same error.

leechinc no está en línea Stack level 1

I too am totally perplexed over this 1904 error. I have spent, off and on, nearly six hours today with Blackberry Help on trying to resolve a successfull laoding of desktop manager. No one seems to have any idea as to what causes the problem or more importantly how to resolve it. This is one of the main reasons that I went to the Blackberry, to be able to access outlook in the field. Please, please does anyone have any solid ideas on this?

cheerios no está en línea Stack level 1

Same problem here. I have loaded the software on my home computer and it worked fine. I tried it on two work computers with different results. The one in my office give the ilxolkCompanion.fil error. I like you all have followed the Blackberry fix guide to no avail. I have symantec and webroot loaded on my computer. What virus types of software do you all have?

cheerios no está en línea Stack level 1

Ok, I have it working now. What I did was ... uninstall outlook, bbdesktop, any updates for outlook. I then disabled webroot and as much of my symantec as I could. I rebooted, reinstalled outlook and updates, rebooted, reinstalled bbdesk, and it worked.

I have no idea which part was the trick though. Good luck.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Maybe the symantec, they are always preventing me from doing things. Thanks for the update.

toolman5774 no está en línea Stack level 1

I am having a similar problem with a 7290 Cingular device. Foctory resets done, re-installed from multiple accounts, and always receive the same error. A failed registration of ilaxact3compainion, followed by a strong of other failures. The Desktop manager then cannot cable sync. Any advice?