Although I an running the latest desktop & phone operating software, every time I sync, ... RIM Desktop Software forum

rja
    rja no está en línea Stack level 1

Desktop manager always wants to update

Advertisement

Although I an running the latest desktop & phone operating software, every time I sync, the manager indicates that there's an update available for my phone's operating software but, when I play along & try to update it, it then states that my phone has the latest software.

I've tried the battery pull, backing up, etc... with no success! Keeps wanting to update an up-to-date phone.

Any ideas?

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    The only fix for this I know is to go into add remove programs (programs and features on Vista) and click on the DM in the list when it ask to uninstall or repair select repair. Un select check for automatic updates and then continue. ~via smartphone~

mikedoan no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'll give that a go too... (so annoying..)
    BB 7100g (R.I.P.)
    BB Pearl 8100 (R.I.P.)
    BB BOLD 9000 (on the shelf)
    BB STORM (R.I.P.)

iPhone4

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    The only fix for this I know is to go into add remove programs (programs and features on Vista) and click on the DM in the list when it ask to uninstall or repair select repair. Un select check for automatic updates and then continue. ~via smartphone~
    This is the method I used and it was a great solution.

rja

I'm getting an error locating a "msi" file so I'm going to have to try this when I have more time.

Thanks

rja

Thank you to those whom made suggestions. Although I was never able to successfully perform the repair as suggested as I kepp getting an error that it couldn't find some msi file but, low & behold, I had to sync my phone tonight & there was no pop up indicating there was an update! It's disappeared! I hope it stays gone.

I probably tried 5-6 times to perform the repair different ways without ever being able to do it but for some reason, it still appears to have repaired the problem.

Thanks all!

360Challenge no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by rja View Post
    I'm getting an error locating a "msi" file so I'm going to have to try this when I have more time.

Thanks
    This error occured probably because the installer couldnt find the original setup file.