Hi all. My DM 4.2 was crashing on a task (never did determine why), so ... RIM Desktop Software forum

kstrouse no está en línea Stack level 2

Desktop Manager 4.3 error messages

Advertisement

Hi all. My DM 4.2 was crashing on a task (never did determine why), so I decided to upgrade to DM 4.3. Not only does it still crash during most synchs, but it's giving me error messages:
    Error encountered. Error code - 0x8004fcd6. Check documentation.
    I've also received error 0x8004104c. I've hunted these messages on Google and looked for this mysterious "documentation" in the software, on BlackBerry's site, and elsewhere, to no avail. Does anyone know what is going on here? Thanks.

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME
    I honestly have never heard of those errors. AMybe contact RIM directly and see what they have to say?
    Providing customers with the latest in news and info along with experienced one on one tech support, training, product sales, exclusive themes and more.

Thanks. I don't have any idea how to contact RIM. Can you point me in the right direction?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by kstrouse View Post
    Thanks. I don't have any idea how to contact RIM. Can you point me in the right direction?
    The only way that I know to get in touch with RIM is to go through every level of support that your carrier has and get them to refer you - I have done this a couple of times with T-Mobile. It's usually a wonderful experience when you finally get through to them but it's quite a time consumer too.

I have a quite different issue that I need to talk to RIM about - I've searched for quite a while recently for another way to contact them - other than their "pay-per-incident" contact, I couldn't find any.

Good luck.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Are you in front of this computer that has DM installed right now?

JrzyBoy13 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23FB04AE
    Unfortunately i would have to agree with the others and say to contact RIM

Here's an update. I got support from the data people at AT&T. I deleted the data folders that were related to DM on my PC and somehow got it working. But I have a new problem and a workaround.
    I have a filter that only synchronizes tasks that are due "before or on today." If I run the application with the filter set, it crashes with one of those error messages. If I turn off the filter, it runs fine, though it adds about 150 future tasks to my handheld. Then I turn the filter back on and it runs fine, deleting the recently-added tasks from the handheld. So synchronizing is a two-step process. Anyone have any idea what might be going on here?
    Thanks.