My install of Desktop Manager 4.3 is on Vista Business and the Bluetooth is disabled. ... RIM Desktop Software forum

clim28 no está en línea Stack level 1

Desktop Manager 4.3 Bluetooth disabled

Advertisement

My install of Desktop Manager 4.3 is on Vista Business and the Bluetooth is disabled. I have been successful in pairing my BB 8100 modem with my Vaio. However the BT in DTM 4.3 is greyed out. How do I get it abled? USB works fine. I read somewhere that DTM 4.2 works with BT drivers in XP SP2, but what is the deal with DTM 4.3 and Vista, is there any support for BT drivers on Vista? I do not know how to enable the BT in 4.3...any ideas?

jchapman01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a51ff4

Re: Desktop Manager 4.3 Bluetooth disabled

uhh.... wow. i wish i had some advice for you... but i got nothing. sorry, bro.

Geoge no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Desktop Manager 4.3 Bluetooth disabled

i have a similar problem the desk top manager won't allow me to click enable bluetooth support in the connection settings any reason for this.

i have a bb 8800 a bluesolei ivt corporation bluetooth dongal pc running win xp with sp2.
    any help please

George

cateyed no está en línea Stack level 1

Vista Blackberry Bluetooth Syncing

Hi All,

This is how I got my Sony Vaio to sync via bluetooth with my new Blackberry Pearl 8120g.

My Sony Vaio has a Toshiba Bluetooth Stack installed.

1. I uninstalled the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack software out of Programs and Features
    2. Go into Device Manager, and select the Unknown USB Device, and manually installed the Sony Bluetooth USB Adapter (rather than the Toshiba software). This was already installed on my PC. I had to accept the warning saying that the software was not compatible etc etc etc.

After a while, about 3 other devices were found, and one installed with Microsoft Bluetooth enumeration software.

** NOTE: This part is really important. BB will only sync if the MS BT software is being used. It doesn't like the Toshiba or WIDCOMM software. **

Now, once that is done, I rebooted, just for the hell of it.

3. Manually pair your BB with your Vista PC
    4. Once you have successfully paired, I discovered that the "Enable Bluetooth Support" was now available, and successfully found my BB and syncing works!!

Hope this helps someone!

Meaghan

sm2875 no está en línea Stack level 1
    hi cateyed,

can you please tell me where i can get the 'sony bluetooth usb adapter'? i would like to download this before i follow your instructions.