Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

i downloaded it and when i opened the exe it said the file wasn't a ... RIM Desktop Software forum

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Desktop Manager 4.2 SP2 released today

Advertisement

i downloaded it and when i opened the exe it said the file wasn't a valid WIN32 application. the icon on my desktop is the zip file icon yet it's an exe.

any suggestions?

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Works perfectly, thx 4 the heads up.
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

dlsolo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Has anyone had good progress with installing and using this on Vista Ultimate? One thing I've noticed when installing this thing from just about every angle, RIM MASS STORAGE is not recognized and I don't get the "Standard Modem" installed. Besides that, 22 minutes for this to install...WOW. Brutally painful.

Anyway, I'm going to stop talking and leave that question open. Thanks.

djalminha no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by nny2k
    I'm at a stopping point with the new install here.

Downloaded and ran the update but after reboot the sw is trying to install my Pearl again and looking for a 'blackberry 8100.msi'

Is this on my original CD that came with the BB? I can't find it and don't have the CD at the office.

TIA

NNy
    Hi, did you ever fix this? I am having the same issue now

SDEEDY no está en línea Stack level 3

I downloaded DM 4.2 SP2 without the Roxio media manager because I like the classic media manager from BB.

But, of course there is not even the classic media manager remaining. Ok now, how do I transfer my photos to and from my phone? I know from experience that the phone is not detected as an external hard drive on my computer.

How do I go about transfering these photos to my desktop with the use of a computer? My microsd card ships in some time this week so I assume one way is to transfer files directly to and from the card but its inconvenient to take the card out from under the battery.
    Last edited by SDEEDY; 07-16-2007 at 02:18 PM.

Stimpy5050 no está en línea Stack level 1

I was finally able to get past the "blackberry 8100.msi" problem. If I'm right, you probably have one of the latest Blackberry OSs installed on your machine. The only way to get the app to startup is to remove the Blackberry OS from your machine. In my case, it wouldn't even remove via the "Add/Remove Software" panel. I actually had to go into RegEdit and remove any resource that referenced the Blackberry OS. Once all of them are gone, it shouldn't show in your "Add/Remove" dialog anymore. After that, everything should work. You may need to reinstall the Desktop Manager after you remove the OS, though.

21A
    21A no está en línea Stack level 1

Arrow Re: Desktop Manager Software v4.2 SP2 Released

Quote Originally Posted by sinkers
    Anyone know what the changes are as I cannot see a change log.
    FWIW, here are the changes from the readme:

Media manager updates: You can now use the media manager tool of the BlackBerry Desktop Software to add media files to and organize media files on your computer. You can also transfer media files, in an optimized format, to your device.

Yahoo(R) organizer data synchronization: You can now synchronize calendar entries, contacts, tasks, and notes between a Yahoo! account and your device. Before you attempt to synchronize between a Yahoo! account and your device, verify that the computer that is running the BlackBerry Desktop Software is connected to the internet.

amfmac no está en línea Stack level 2

If I go ahead and download and install this, is there any way I could screw up my corporate email settings? I'm very new at the BB, and while I do want to install the latest version of DM to hopefully fix a problem I've been having with Application Loader, I don't want to risk messing something up in terms of my corporate email.

Thanks!!

21A
    21A no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by amfmac
    If I go ahead and download and install this, is there any way I could screw up my corporate email settings? I'm very new at the BB, and while I do want to install the latest version of DM to hopefully fix a problem I've been having with Application Loader, I don't want to risk messing something up in terms of my corporate email.
    To the best of my knowledge, no. Assuming you install it in the correct mode (BES or BIS), the Desktop Manager shouldn't change any of your device settings, and in fact, if you use BES, it will allow you to manage your filter settings and so on through the email system (as well as routing BES traffic to your device through the Device Manager, if you choose that option).

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456