Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Same issues... no resolve. I will try to install as admin to see if this ... RIM Desktop Software forum

bigjoe517 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Desktop Manager 4.2 SP2 and Vista

Advertisement

Same issues...
    no resolve.

I will try to install as admin to see if this works...

abaqueen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PMme4it

Im having this problem too, i have reinstalled w/svcpk2 and i also have Office Ultimate 2007, running on Vista Business edition. I have tried all suggested resolutions and the same thing happens - the program flashes for about half a second and never opens. It anyone has found a solution please post or any other helpful idea to try. Thanks again.
    AngieB
    Pin:PMme4it

Alex Alexzander no está en línea Stack level 1

I have had this problem all night. Searched everywhere for an answer, and went nuts because nothing worked. But then, I finally found the problem. So I hope this works for you, as it did for me.

Uninstall the desktop manager.

Go into the registery and check to make sure there are no keys here:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\RIMDeviceManager.DeviceManager
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\RIMDeviceManager.DeviceManager.1

I had to do a system restore to get to a point where this was the case. The steps I read online prior to my finding this actually slightly damaged my registery and so I couldn't even uninstall the desktop application. So if you see these keys, just use system restore to get to a time when you had not yet installed the desktop manager. A lot of advice out there assumes the same methods in taking ownership of a registery key apply in Vista, and this is FALSE! So trust me, I have already gone nuts for you. If you see these keys, just do a restore and check again until you do not see them.

Now, if you don't see these keys, you have a good chance at solving the problem. You see the problem is, you don't have permission to these keys, and so the desktop manager won't fully load because it has no permission to even read the keys!

So how to set permissions when you don't and cannot gain permissions the way you did in XP. That's the ticket here. And the way to do that, is to create the keys when the do not already exist, so that you are the true owner. So if you don't see these keys, create them here:

Now, once created, add a permission of FULL CONTROLL to the group EVERYONE.

Make absolutely sure you get this right. Once you have done this, install Desktop 4.2 SP 2, and if you're as lucky as I am, your nightmare will be over. I hope it works for you. I spent all night with this issue and it is finally running on Vista Home Premium.

Best regards,

Alex Alexzander

islandguy808 no está en línea Stack level 1

My sys restore doesn't go back far enough. Can't you just remove these keys or replace them?

kido007 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: Desktop Manager 4.2 SP2 and Vista

You know I have had this same problem for about 2 months now and I gave up trying to fix it and reprogrammed the pc. Now I went to install the desktop manager and again the same problem.

THANKS!!! to your answer I was able to fix it. I followed your instructions and created the key as you said and it works like a charm. Again THANKS!!!

crossilcm no está en línea Stack level 2

Try uninstalling DM completely. Then use SP1. If I remember correctly, that's how I got it to work. I am using Vista 32

ev8siv3 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Alexzander
    I have had this problem all night. Searched everywhere for an answer, and went nuts because nothing worked. But then, I finally found the problem. So I hope this works for you, as it did for me.

I had to do a system restore to get to a point where this was the case. The steps I read online prior to my finding this actually slightly damaged my registery and so I couldn't even uninstall the desktop application. So if you see these keys, just use system restore to get to a time when you had not yet installed the desktop manager. A lot of advice out there assumes the same methods in taking ownership of a registery key apply in Vista, and this is FALSE! So trust me, I have already gone nuts for you. If you see these keys, just do a restore and check again until you do not see them.

Now, if you don't see these keys, you have a good chance at solving the problem. You see the problem is, you don't have permission to these keys, and so the desktop manager won't fully load because it has no permission to even read the keys!

So how to set permissions when you don't and cannot gain permissions the way you did in XP. That's the ticket here. And the way to do that, is to create the keys when the do not already exist, so that you are the true owner. So if you don't see these keys, create them here:

Make absolutely sure you get this right. Once you have done this, install Desktop 4.2 SP 2, and if you're as lucky as I am, your nightmare will be over. I hope it works for you. I spent all night with this issue and it is finally running on Vista Home Premium.

Best regards,

Alex Alexzander
    I have these registry entries but I cannot delete them or modify the permissions. It seems that access is denied, even if I've taken control of everything. Any suggestions on taking control of the registry??

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Alexzander View Post

Best regards,

Alex Alexzander
    You should have done a search and saved yourself some agrivation. I posted those directions at the bottom of this thread back in August: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ows_vista.html
    Because of the help RIM gave me they added this walk around at the bottom of the KB article here also: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...200%2036242036 listed at the bottom of the page.
    Last edited by doughdaddy; 11-22-2007 at 07:10 AM.

Mr305ishere1011 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'm having the same problem with Vista what I realized is that My computer's system is running of 32 bit instead of 64 we might have to get vista ulimate to get it to work.

fons no está en línea Stack level 1
    hellooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12