Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I am totally new to BB and software etc, and I am totally lost. Just ... RIM Desktop Software forum

maleksa no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20274eca

Re: Desktop Manager 4.2 Download & usage Guide

Advertisement

I am totally new to BB and software etc, and I am totally lost.

Just got a BB 7100v. I think the (OS?) version is v4.0.2.28 (Platform 1.8.0.135).

I downloaded BB Desktop Manager 4.2 and connected it to my BB (via USB). BB had no problems connecting to Desktop Manager.

However, when I try to use Media Manager, it says "The connected BB device does not support transferring of media files".

No problems running Application Loader, but it reports "The BB Desktop Software does not have BB Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer".

How do I get the above to a fully functional state?

GinoKyo no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi I have a month with my BB 7100t and i have a Question.

if I donwload and install the 4.2 Desktop Manager , can I transfer media files to my device??

I must say I can´t use the internet service of my BB in my country cause they dont have the rigth configuration for my device

so I used My BB to see the data base of the company and I want to see a lot of pic in my BB

this software could help me ???
    GinoKyo

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

No, you can't use the media manager function of the DM 4.2 with your device. If your carrier doesn't support Blackberry Devices, your only option is to use the procedure in this thread, Ring Tones and Pictures without a Data Plan . It is not a simple procedure and unless you are really familiar with using Desktop Manager Backup and restore and installing Windows programs, I recommend you just live with what you have.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Hyepianist no está en línea Stack level 1

Hello,

I'm a newbie to the Pearl and RIM in general. I have a quick question about Desktop Manager. When I click on Synchronize icon, the "reconcile messages" button is turned off. I have a BIS and I wanted to know what this button does and why it is not on.

I'm sorry if it is an easy and dumb question but I looked around the pinstack for a general answer but didn't come up with anything.

Thank you.

stwsam2 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

can pictures be loaded through this if so how

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

Quote Originally Posted by stwsam2
    can pictures be loaded through this if so how
    Only if you have the Pearl 8100 (is my understanding). It has to do with the operating system on the device.

potthoff no está en línea Stack level 3

The original CD that came with my BB 7130c was Dstp.Mgr. 4.1.1.9. I was having problems with it so I deleted it and went to the RIM site to reload it. The only versions they have are 4.1.0 and 4.2. 4.1.0 is older than my version; but I want the latest features. Will 4.2 work with my BB??? I only use it to sync outlook contacts and calendar and memos.

memmorr no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down Re: Desktop Manager 4.2 Download & usage Guide

Hi, hope someone can help me, I'm new to Blackberry (bought a Pearl the other day) but having problems installing the desktop software on my PC (keeps coming up with a Installer message saying its been interupted). I've tried to install from both the CD which came with the Pearl and also downloaded the software from the web (v4.2).
    I have tried a few things which I've seen from other threads (switched off anti-virus, disconnected from the internet) but still no joy.
    I did have a PDA prior to the blackberry and have uninstalled ActiveSync.
    One note, I did connect the Blackberry before installing the software (then realised I shouldn't have).
    Any help would be appreciated as I have loads of address contacts & diary entries which I don't want to manually add to the Pearl.
    Thanks
    Memmorr

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

memmorr, Welcome to PinStack.

When you try to install Desktop Manager, does it give you an Error Code? If so what is that code?

You might need to use this thread if it doesn't give you an error code, How To: Perform A Clean Uninstall Of Desktop Manager.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

memmorr no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi Rcbjr,
    Thanks for your response, its nice to know there's someone out there who will try and help!

I tried again tonight with no joy, the steps I am taking are:
    1. Select "Install BlackBerry Desktop Software" from the CD which came with the Pearl.
    2. InstallShield Wizard message is displayed.
    3. Windows Installer pop-up displayed saying preparing to install...
    4. After a minute or so, a InstallShield Wizard Completed message box is displayed with the message that the wizard was interupted and therefore the installation has not completed.

I've never had a previous version of the software on my laptop but did check the steps which your previous thread linked to. None of the files of registry entries were on my laptop.

Any hints welcome!
    Memmorr

shelley28 no está en línea Stack level 2

a newbie here, guys, just wanted to know why is it my desktop manager is not working??? does it has something to do that palm desktop is installed in my laptop? or is it because of my laptop?

network25 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    40098A03

hey everyone, another newbie to the site and the blackberry. i have a 7520 with a boost chip in it and i was looking to use the desktop manager to upload a few thing to it like mini opera and stuff like that, which version do i need and how do i do that?

rwk
    rwk no está en línea Stack level 1

I upgraded my computer to Vista home premium, and i cannot get my Desktop mangaer to work, the error i get is error 2738 . It won't even allow me to uninstall the desktop manager. I tried downloading the 4.2.1 file but i still get the error message when i try to install it...any suggestions?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

rwk - i would definately start from scratch.
    try this one first:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...p_manager.html

then go back and download DM and the patch and see if that works.

let us know

tchussey no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    300F6CE0

Lightbulb Re: Desktop Manager 4.2 Download & usage Guide

Quote Originally Posted by rwk
    I upgraded my computer to Vista home premium, and i cannot get my Desktop mangaer to work, the error i get is error 2738 . It won't even allow me to uninstall the desktop manager. I tried downloading the 4.2.1 file but i still get the error message when i try to install it...any suggestions?
    I've been fighting this problem for days now. Nothing helped until I searched MSDN for that error code. Turns out it means that VBScript wasn't loaded or registered!

After searching I found this command to run before you run the install:

Code:
    regsvr32 vbscript.dll
    Run this command from the command prompt as Administrator. So go to Start->All Programs -> Accessories. Right-click on Command prompt. Select "Run as Administrator". At the command prompt use the above command.

I tried all other manner of Vista tricks (turning off UAC, running as XP SP2, running as Administrator). Even my geekiest friends were stumped (and I have some really geeky friends).

I hope this works for you.

I made a cry for help on my blog (blog.larixconsulting.com) and will be updating with the solution soon.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast