Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

BlackBerry Desktop Software installs and runs on your desktop PC. It manages the link between ... RIM Desktop Software forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Desktop Manager 4.2 Download & usage Guide

Advertisement

BlackBerry Desktop Software installs and runs on your desktop PC. It manages the link between your BlackBerry device and your email account. This integrated suite of applications provides the following:

Powerful Message Filtering - BlackBerry Desktop Software's advanced filtering engine gives you complete control over your email. Limit the number of messages you receive on your BlackBerry handheld by setting filters that monitor key words and message fields including From:, To:, Cc:, Bcc:, Subject: and message body.

Synchronization and - BlackBerry Desktop Software synchronizes your emailorganizer information (contacts, appointments and tasks) between your BlackBerry device and desktop.

Data Migration Wizard – Available in BlackBerry Desktop Software v4.1, allows you to import contacts, calendar entries, tasks, and memos from Palm®, Treo™ or Windows Mobile™-based devices to BlackBerry devices.

Load Handheld Applications - BlackBerry Desktop Software enables you to load new applications and upgrades from your PC to the handheld.

Folder Management Tools - BlackBerry Desktop Software gives you the option to file or delete your email directly from your handheld.

Information Backup Utilities - BlackBerry Desktop Software allows you to backup any important information from the handheld to your PC or restore previously-saved files back to your handheld.

Auto Signature - BlackBerry Desktop Software allows you to create an auto signature to be included in the body of your outgoing mail messages sent from your handheld and desktop.

Useful information:
    -- How To - Transfer files using the Media Manager
    -- How To - Use the Switch Device Wizard
    -- Known Issues - Media Manager does not support files or folders that contain non-latin 1 characters in their names
    -- Known Issues - Personal contact with picture created on BlackBerry device not synchronizing with Microsoft Outlook
    -- Known Issues - Task Due Date Time is incorrect
    -- Support - Error appears when synchronizing the Address Book, Desktop Manager has encountered an error and needs to close
    -- What Is - Differences between BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.1 and BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.2
    -- What Is - Media Manager
    -- What Is - Switch Device Wizard

BlackBerry Desktop Software v4.2 System Requirements
    Internet/email enabled computer with an Intel 486 or higher processor
    One available USB or serial port
    Windows Operating System Requirements:
    USB: Windows 2000, Windows XP
    Serial: Windows 2000, Windows XP
    Optional Bluetooth connection on computer with Windows XP Service Pack 2

Organizer Support:
    Microsoft Outlook 2000 Outlook 2002/XP or Outlook 2003
    Lotus Notes 5.0.6 or later, 6.0, 6.5, 7.0
    ACT! 4.0.2, 5.0 (2000) or 6.0
    Lotus Organizer 6.1
    Microsoft Outlook Express 5.0 or 6.0
    Novell GroupWise 6.0.1, 6.5.4 or higher and 7.0
    ASCII Importer/Exporter

For Enterprise Integration with BlackBerry Enterprise Server Only (does not apply to BlackBerry Internet Service):

Microsoft Outlook 2000/2003/XP (Corporate or Workgroup Installation), IBM Lotus Notes 5.0.6, 6.0, 6.5, 7.0 (for enterprise email integration) or Novell GroupWise version 6.5 Service Pack 4

Email account on a Microsoft Exchange Server version 5.5SP4/2000/2003, IBM Lotus Domino® Server version 5.0.3 or later (for enterprise email integration) or Novell GroupWise Server version 6.5 Service Pack 1 or later

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Desktop Manager 4.2 Download & usage Guide

Awsome information! Thanks!
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7BC0A703

Can this new desktop be used for the bb 7105t...or is it for the newer model bb's??
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Butterfly, I use it with my 8700 and OS 4.1.0.286, and it works fine. I've read where some people have had problems with it, but have never seen one myself. Can't say about the 7105 though.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

TRP
    TRP no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32C8013D
    how do i synch my mail messages with my outlook? I dont' see an option anywhere on the desktop or my synch configuration options. Did i select the worng option upon installing the software?
    ..looking to know everythign there is to know about my BB!

PIN: 32C8013D

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    TRP, You can not use Desktop Manager to sync your Outlook Email. It is not designed for that. You Profile doesn't have an answer about using BES so can't help further.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G
    Quote Originally Posted by TRP
    how do i synch my mail messages with my outlook? I dont' see an option anywhere on the desktop or my synch configuration options. Did i select the worng option upon installing the software?
    RC is correct. The only items that you can sync with Outlook are the Calendar, Memo Pad, Address Book & Tasks.

TRP
    PIN/ID
    32C8013D
    thanks guys. How would I be able to do so? For my company I have a few email addresses and I would like to have my emails sent through my BB to be on my outlook as well.

Oh and I'm not using enterprise services since I'm nto really sure on how to use it. I use iPower for my web hosting and domain.

Luis
    Last edited by TRP; 11-20-2006 at 12:16 PM.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    You might try setting up a automatic BCC: to your work email from your BIS setup. That way everything you send from your BB will be sent to your work Email server for Outlook to pick up. That's the only way I know to get it sorta working without setting up BES. You might look into getting a Hosted BES account for your company email.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

TRP
    PIN/ID
    32C8013D
    I guess Bcc will have to be the way untill I can get some more info on seting up the BES and the costs associated with it.

jailbaitryan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E3AA4A
    I have a question! Really quick, take your time...
    So... I lost the CD that came w/ the BB for the Desktop Manager, and I had to uninstall it, so this download would give me the Manager back again?

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Yes
    Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer

jailbaitryan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E3AA4A
    Thanks!
    I will download it right now!

amisalion no está en línea Stack level 2
    The full version of this desktop manager is 4.1.0.14???

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    amisalion, for your Pearl, you need the 4.2 version of the Desktop Manager. You can find it at the Link in post #1 of this thread.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast