Please help! I have a new computer that is running XP service pack 2 and ... RIM Desktop Software forum

muledobnnn no está en línea Stack level 1

Desktop Manager 4.2.2 won't allow synch configuration

Advertisement

Please help! I have a new computer that is running XP service pack 2 and am using Outlook 2007. I have downloaded DM 4.2.2 and trying to configure the synch process. When I choose outlook, it tells me that "the file or database name associated with MS Outlook is missing, invalid, or points to a file of zero length."

When I try to browse for the file, nothing comes up to allow me to browse and when I try to type the file path, nothing can be typed.

I have tried all the steps for a clean uninstall and complete reinstall and the same thing happens each time.

I have desktop manager 4.2.2 on my laptop with the same configuration except my laptop has Vista and it works just fine.

Any ideas?

WheelieUK no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2512B18E

Lightbulb Re: Desktop Manager 4.2.2 won't allow synch configuration

Think your problem is going to be that you have outlook 2007. I have Vista and have similar problems. In my case, using Registry Mechanic to fix the registry after each synch seems to get round the synch problem. Not aware of a workaround for the Outlook 2007 yet.

Mike
    London England.
    PIN 2512B18E

Quote Originally Posted by muledobnnn
    Please help! I have a new computer that is running XP service pack 2 and am using Outlook 2007. I have downloaded DM 4.2.2 and trying to configure the synch process. When I choose outlook, it tells me that "the file or database name associated with MS Outlook is missing, invalid, or points to a file of zero length."

When I try to browse for the file, nothing comes up to allow me to browse and when I try to type the file path, nothing can be typed.

I have tried all the steps for a clean uninstall and complete reinstall and the same thing happens each time.

I have desktop manager 4.2.2 on my laptop with the same configuration except my laptop has Vista and it works just fine.

Any ideas?

muledobnnn no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Desktop Manager 4.2.2 won't allow synch configuration

The strange thing is that it works fine with Vista, but not XP SP2

WheelieUK no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2512B18E

Thumbs up Re: Desktop Manager 4.2.2 won't allow synch configuration

Interesting,
    I have 2003 and Vista and it wouldnt work in that combination.

Perhaps others, who might have come across the problem, can shed more light on the problem. Do you have a registry scanner to see if checking the registry fixes the problem (Even if you do have to run it every time).

I also noticed that some of the files in DirectX 9c became corrupted. This might be coincidental but it does seem to reoccur after doing a synch. Perhaps you should look in that direction for a cause. (Vista comes with 10 by default, but I have the SDK which uses 9).

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by muledobnnn
    The strange thing is that it works fine with Vista, but not XP SP2