Hi, can someone point me to the right way of how to properly install desktop ... RIM Desktop Software forum

paomatic no está en línea Stack level 1

Desktop Manager

Advertisement

Hi, can someone point me to the right way of how to properly install desktop manager on my pearl 8110. I'm a noobie and I just got it out of the package. The first step of course is to put in the cd. But with all these choices that comes up while installing I dont know which are the right ones to choose. If someone can help that will be great. Thanks
    Last edited by paomatic; 10-30-2008 at 03:25 PM.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    DM isn't meant to be installed on your BB, but your PC (its used to install applications onto your BB)

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    DM isn't meant to be installed on your BB, but your PC (its used to install applications onto your BB)
    yes sorry for the clarification, but yes I am planning to install the cd onto my pc. The only concern is that is there a proper way (step by step) on how to install it onto my pc because it has choices that I wasnt familiar with so I haulted the installation

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    i can't remember the choices but most of the right answers are,"yes", and" i accept"
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by paomatic View Post
    yes sorry for the clarification, but yes I am planning to install the cd onto my pc. The only concern is that is there a proper way (step by step) on how to install it onto my pc because it has choices that I wasnt familiar with so I haulted the installation
    are you on BIS or BES?
    i think those are the only choices ...

yea i dont get what BIS, BES are. i just want the program to work so i can start dragging files(music,pictures,etc..) into my phone. Also, some people have been telling me just to get the sync without the DM. Is it possible to drag in files without the DM? Im planning on installin 4.6 btw

PIN/ID
    ATA
    if you have a media card installed, you can treat the bb as a flash drive and drag/drop media on to the card using windows explorer.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by paomatic View Post
    yea i dont get what BIS, BES are. ..............
    Chances are if you aren't familiar with BES (Enterprise System, usually set up through your company) the correct choice for you would be BIS for the DM install. Just a guess but a good one.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    if you have a media card installed, you can treat the bb as a flash drive and drag/drop media on to the card using windows explorer.
    okay what you mean by media card is a memory card correct? So do i still need the the DM installed or i can connect my BB with a memory card in it and my pc will recognize it as a flashdrive?

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    your computer should recognize your phone as a drive if you plug it into your computer.
    it won't charge though. I'd say install it for good measure
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey