hey everyone. im not sure if this is the right thread to post this but ... RIM Desktop Software forum

Heatley2001 no está en línea Stack level 2

desktop manager

Advertisement

hey everyone. im not sure if this is the right thread to post this but im having problems loading the desktop manager for my 8100 v4.2 on my computer. every time i try to install it it will try and install it but stop halfway through and says it cant because of an error. im running windows vista..would that cause a problem installing it? i want to be able to transfer files on my 8100 from my computer.

any help and info would be great. thank you.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Vista has been known to cause problems.

Try a newer version of DM from here.

so any DM higher then v4.2? or v4.2 plus the service pack?

I'm running Vista Home Premium with DM 4.6, if that helps.

Go ahead and uninstall whatever (if any) DM you have currently loaded on your PC and reboot the PC. Then try downloading the DM of your choice.

thanks so much for the help. i was never able to get any DM on my PC with the older version i had. i got 4.5 installing. thanks again for the help.

t-bones no está en línea Stack level 1

Uninstall DM 4.2

Hi All,

I'm trying to uninstall DM 4.2. so I can load 4.6. I've read through all the forum discussions and have seen where I need to remove the old before installing the new. I am uninstalling 4.2 via add and remove programs. It gets about 3/4 through and then returns an error 1326 that says I do not have access to the event logs and to locate Desktop Manager Software.msi.

I have performed a search and can not locate DMS.msi or the event logs.

The remove process then does a roll back. I can't get the program to remove successfully.

I've even gone through the registry and removed it from there but it is still showing up in my control panel software programs.

Any thoughts? Thank you in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by t-bones View Post
    Hi All,

I'm trying to uninstall DM 4.2. so I can load 4.6. I've read through all the forum discussions and have seen where I need to remove the old before installing the new. I am uninstalling 4.2 via add and remove programs. It gets about 3/4 through and then returns an error 1326 that says I do not have access to the event logs and to locate Desktop Manager Software.msi.

I have performed a search and can not locate DMS.msi or the event logs.

The remove process then does a roll back. I can't get the program to remove successfully.

I've even gone through the registry and removed it from there but it is still showing up in my control panel software programs.

Any thoughts? Thank you in advance.
    Perhaps this thread will help.

t-bones no está en línea Stack level 1

Uninstall DM 4.2

RoGro,

Thx so much for your reply. However, that is the exact thread I used to uninstall 4.2. Under "Task 1", last print screen, Remove Program is when I receive the error message and then it does the roll back. I can not complete task 1 before proceeding to Task2 and removing the reg files.

Any other thoughts? There appears to be some kind of security hang up that is preventing me from getting to the event logs. Not sure. Something is not right for the program to not fully uninstall.

Thx