I installed the DTM that came with the 8800 and was able to sync. Then ... RIM Desktop Software forum

mp8800 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down Desktop 4.2 fails to register ...

Advertisement

I installed the DTM that came with the 8800 and was able to sync. Then - and I often ask why (why? why? why?) - I tried to install the 4.2.1 SP1 from the Blackberry site and am now getting the following error: "Error 1904.Module C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Connectors\ISGroupWise6.5.X\GWEM AILCONNApi.dll failed to register. HRESULT -2147352567." I've run a few searches and (1) tried uninstalling and reinstalling with a new admin account, (2) registering atl.dll, (3) installing Windows Installer 3.1, (4) followed the "perform clean DTM uninstall" from Blackberry - all with reboots between steps - to no avail.

Can anyone help?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Desktop 4.2 fails to register ...

mp8800 - welcome to the stacks

try this -
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...p_manager.html

Tried it but no luck ... same error when re-installing.

mikadad no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    just ask

what was the version number that came with your BB?
    Michael

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Quote Originally Posted by mp8800
    I installed the DTM that came with the 8800 and was able to sync. Then - and I often ask why (why? why? why?) - I tried to install the 4.2.1 SP1 from the Blackberry site and am now getting the following error: "Error 1904.Module C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Connectors\ISGroupWise6.5.X\GWEM AILCONNApi.dll failed to register. HRESULT -2147352567." I've run a few searches and (1) tried uninstalling and reinstalling with a new admin account, (2) registering atl.dll, (3) installing Windows Installer 3.1, (4) followed the "perform clean DTM uninstall" from Blackberry - all with reboots between steps - to no avail.

Can anyone help?
    On the computer, do the following:
    Start>Run>Then type: Regsvr32 atl.dll (there is a space between regsvr32 and atl)

Now attempt to install Desktop Manager again.

If you receive an error stating “1607 - Unable to install installshield scripting runtime", do the following:

Start>Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Services.

Under services, scroll down to “Windows Installer” and double click it.

Click on “Start” and the Windows Installer should begin.

If it does not begin, you may get an Error 997: Overlapped I/O operation is in progress when starting the Windows Installer service or installing any program using Windows Installer.

If this happens:

Start>Run>Then type: MSIEXEC.EXE /REGSERVER (All upper case and there is a space between the EXE. and /REGSERVER.

Go back to the Administrative Tools>Services and start Windows Installer again.

This time it will start.

Now you may install Desktop Manager successfully.

BTW, it's not a DM error, its an MS Windows error.
    Last edited by N8DBB; 05-04-2007 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Automerged.

I'm not sure which version came with BB - I don't have the CD with me now.

I registered ATL.DLL and reinstalled and got the same "failed to register" messages as before - not the ones dealing with the installer. Taking a cue from registering atl.dll, I tried manually registering the dlls that failed and then ignoring the error in the installer. Much to my surprise the installation completed ... BUT ... I reboot, connect the BB (it is recognized) and, when I run the DTM, it exits immediately without error messages.

Looks like I'm closer ... but not there yet.