Hello everyone! ... hope you guys are doing fine. A couple ours ago a co-worker ... RIM Desktop Software forum

painrob no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb DCOM98 problem...

Hello everyone! ... hope you guys are doing fine.

A couple ours ago a co-worker came to me for help. He installed the Desktop Manager on a Dell Computer with Win XP Home Edition, Service Pack 2. After he installed the software and tried to open it a box came out with an error message claiming he needed to update this DCOM98 drivers.

I went to look on Microsoft site and Google, find some information and also find some update software for this thing. What I was really looking was that 98 stands for Windows 98 and of course this PC is using XP.

Anyways... I tried the software but of course it gave me an error... update was intended for Wins98 not WinXP... DOUH! (Homer Simpson Style)

I keept looking and found an amazing solution...

Right Click the Desktop Manager icon, went to COMPATIBILITY tag and found out that there was a Compatibility mode activated, this was making the application run like if the OS was Windows 95... just had to uncheck the box and everything worked just fine.

Don't ask me why Windows did that... don't even tried to find reason.

I came back to Pinstack and post this cause I came here FIRST of course but did not found any comments or anything.

Good luck every1!

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    ask me

Re: DCOM98 problem...

Glad you got it sorted out and thanx for the info.
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!