Had your backup stall on Profiles? Two things to try: 1. Go to Profiles, Advanced, ... RIM Desktop Software forum

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7

Curing Backup Problems

Advertisement

Had your backup stall on Profiles? Two things to try:
    1. Go to Profiles, Advanced, and uncheck any custom ringtones. You can also delete the profile associated with the ringtone entirely if you wish. After successfull backup, go into address book, locate contact, scroll to bottom in edit, and reassign tone.
    2. Delete any Free Range apps, AP and WSJ Mobile Reader included. Download them and use them again between backups.

These are the two primary reasons I've found for backups having failed while in Profiles

jrgonz454 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24a02eb2
    I think its a Vista thing because I never had that problem doing the exact same thing on XP.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Those remedies were achieved after having encountered the problem repeatedly while using XP. It's not an MS os issue, it's a problem affecting BB Profiles, seemingly caused by custom ringtones and freerange apps... a very perplexing problem for some, whom I hope to have helped out here
    Last edited by Berryadict; 12-13-2008 at 12:51 AM. Reason: more accurate dialog