Hello all, I'm supporting a user with a Curve 8330, and for some reason there ... RIM Desktop Software forum

ksalai no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Continually prompted to accept changes?

Advertisement

Hello all,

I'm supporting a user with a Curve 8330, and for some reason there are changes (87 to be exact) that continually prompt to Accept Changes during every sync. I realize you can turn off the prompt feature but I don't know why these changes are not being applied? I did upgrade to Desktop Manager 4.7 to resolve another issue, but this problem was occurring before the upgrade, as well.. Using XP Pro, SP3.

Any thoughts as to how I can make these changes be accepted and not be prompted again during further synchronizations?

Thanks in advance..

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Just to be clear. Are you selecting except changes when it ask or are you just selecting cancel? I am also curious what issue you corrected using DM 4.7 all I seem to have with it is errors.

Yes. I click Accept Changes, it finishes, then then next time I connect, it syncs, and I'm prompted again. The problem resolved was the calendar option.ipd that I applied to stop items older than 60 days from dropping off.. It made the application bomb everytime it started. So I removed everything, downloaded 4.7 and then was able to choose "keep forever". No problems since, just this repeated prompt to accept changes.

Bob G no está en línea Stack level 2
    It happens to me all the time. In my case, it changes the format of "attendees'" names back and forth. By deleting the calendar data base on the BB and then re-synchronizing with Outlook, the disputed names went from 100 to 10 or so. That's the best I've been able to do.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I cleared the database on the device, resynced one way from the pc to the device and now I have 102 changed that continually prompt.. LOL This is a blast!

Any ideas out there?

BTW - I uninstalled 4.7 and applied 4.5.. Same problem..