The solution found in the other thread on this issue (deleted last calendar entry, synced, ... RIM Desktop Software forum
Connector specific error revisited
The solution found in the other thread on this issue (deleted last calendar entry, synced, added entry back, synced) won't work for me because I don't know what my last calendar entry was before the error started. When I first upgraded to Desktop 4.3, everything synced fine. Suddenly I started receiving the connector specific error within seconds of starting to sync (during the Calendar sync). If I turn off synchronization with Calendar, the rest of the sync is successful. The error may have started around the time I upgraded to Verizon's latest OS for my BB, but I'm not certain.
I've tried using the Repair option in Add/Remove Programs of Control Panel. I've also uninstalled, restarted, reinstalled Desktop, but still get the error. I've tried making a 1-way sync from Calendar to BB without success. I haven't tried 1-way sync from BB to Calendar because I was afraid it would delete all my Outlook Calendar entries, of which I have many more than I sync. I'm set to sync 30 days before and 365 days after.
I haven't found a solution on the web. I'm about to downgrade to Desktop 4.2, although prior to upgrading, I started having problems with 4.2 crashing when it got to the Tasks part of the sync. I was so happy when I upgraded to 4.3 and everything synced.
I'm at a total loss as to what else to try to have all my Outlook data sync again without a hitch. Any thoughts/suggestions will be much appreciated.
Re: Connector specific error revisited
What is the specific error you get? Have you checked the Error Log in the sync page?
Connector specific error
I'm haveing the identical problem. Did you ever find a solution?
I am having the exact same problem. I have reinstalled Blackberry Desktop Manager with no success. I also do not know what my last entry was. Please let me know if you find a solution. tks s
Maybe this will work for you
After looking for the same answer I tried a few different things and I am not sure which one worked, but something did. Here's what I did:
1- deleted old entries of my Outlook Calendar. Everything before 2 months ago;
2- backed up my Blackberry data;
3- deleted all my Blackberry calendar data using the "advanced" button in "Backup & Restore";
4- performed a sync only of the calendar, from Outlook to the BB only. I selected 30 days before and 120 days after today;
I use version 4.6 by the way.
hope this helps someone.
cheers from Brazil!
Tags for this Thread