I am have a problem connecting all of my 8320, 8120, and 8100 to the ... RIM Desktop Software forum

posvic no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2446C873

Question Connection problem

Advertisement

I am have a problem connecting all of my 8320, 8120, and 8100 to the Desktop Manager. The phones have been verified to connect to other computers to eliminate them as potential causes. My PC is running Vista Ultimate 64, the others were XP.

Problem: the devices only show up as a media card reader. I can access the folders from my computer fine, but cannot get DM to connect to the phones (connected PIN: none). Connection settings are for USB in DM.

I have performed a clean install of every DM version from 4.2.2 to 4.7 with the same results, verified USB settings are correct, changed USB cables, and have no errors in the Windows Device Manager (BB shows up under USB with no errors).

I have run bath the BB desktop manager and BB device manager with full admin rights and in XP compatibility mode with no luck. I have searched and atempted every trick I could find but cannot get DM to recognize any BB device.

Any ideas?

Thanx

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I have heard of a few problems from 64 users but this one is new to me. Have you tried downloading the drivers separately and installing them?

posvic no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2446C873
    I have downloaded the USB and modem drivers and installed them before installing the desktop manager.

ambivelentone no está en línea Stack level 1

Same problem with Vista Home Premium

I plug my 8800 in and the charging icon comes on for 2 or 3 seconds then goes off. have confirmed usb ports, battery, usb cable...all good. uninstalled 4.7 and reinstalled...twice. same problem with 4.6