hey folks, Me again, my computers having a Stevie Wonder moment cause it cant see ... RIM Desktop Software forum

nick88 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question computers wont recognize bb

Advertisement

hey folks,
    Me again, my computers having a Stevie Wonder moment cause it cant see my bb.
    when i connect thru usb it sees bb as removable drive g. Or something like that. when i try to open it tells me to insert disk into drive. I've tried everything ,currently downloading dm for 3rd time. The dm recognizes bb fine , it's just the pc that wont.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated' bout to give pc a swimming lesson .

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Did you try removing the media card and using a card reader instead of right from your BB?
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

No, haven't tried that. In the past i've always been able to just hook up thru usb and open files with no prob.
    But for some reason pc wont recognize bb as device ,but as a removable drive

Well if it works with the DM then it is recognizing it as a device but is having trouble opening files on it as a removable drive. That's why I suggest trying a card reader...then you will narrow down whether it's a BB problem or errors on your card itself.
    Twitter? My Apps List

thanks for the advice, now to go get me a card reader. i'll let you know what the out come is. If you start seeing or hearing a bunch of bubbles then you know my pc is getting it's 1st swimming lesson. Lol

Since you don't have a reader yet, in the mean time, try rebooting the PC and remove the media card, put it back and reboot the BB and see if that helps. It's quite likely the card and not your PC so drowning it would be a bit drastic and unnecessary
    Twitter? My Apps List

thanks again ,i'll give it a shot. But you have to admit it would be fun to do though.