"A communication error has occured while attempting to establish a connection to the device. Please ... RIM Desktop Software forum

squ34k no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EAD2EE

Communication Error?

Advertisement

"A communication error has occured while attempting to establish a connection to the device. Please reconnect the device to initiate a new connection."

I get this error everytime I try to use the Desktop software. I'm using 4.2.0.14 with a BlackBerry 8100 from Cingular. It only seems to work when I first start my computer. Any ideas?
    Will you be my friend?
    AIM: killaninjamnky
    Y!: isitupsidedown
    MSN: squ34k@gmail.com
    PIN - 23EAD2EE

melerant no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    32C029E1

Re: Communication Error?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~you should probably do a clean uninstall of the desktop manager. It depends on your OS as to how your gonna go about it. Here's a helpfull link. http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...sc/pswaplg.png

PIN/ID
    23EAD2EE

I've already tried clean install twice with two different versions. My OS is WinXP Pro with SP2. And that link points to an image file just by looking at the link.
    Will you be my friend?
    PIN - 23EAD2EE

JRM1313 no está en línea Stack level 1

i have the same problem, i have a pearl up herre in canada with rogers, i am running vista RC1 build 5600, and i cant seem to connect my pearl with the blackberry desktop manager i can use windows to transfer pics, vids, ringtones, and music, but when i try to load applications with the desktop manager it says my devise isnt conected, but i can go and transfer stuff onto my devise with windows, 1) how can i get desktop manager to connect to my pearl, and 2) is there another way to copy applications and games to the pearl without useing desktop manager?

PIN/ID
    23EAD2EE

To fix this I set it up so it starts when Windows starts and just restart my computer and NEVER close out of the Desktop Manager. It seems to work... If it doesn't, I just restart my computer again. Kind of annoying actually.
    Will you be my friend?
    PIN - 23EAD2EE

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

JRM1313, Welcome to PinStack.

I've been told that Vista RC 1 won't work with the Desktop Manger but that RC 2 will.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

michaelp no está en línea Stack level 2

Ok I am encountering the same problem on my Laptop Gateway 7120 - with Vista Rc 1 o/s -> my 8703 / 8100 / 8700 all can't connect to Desktop Manager since I installed Vista Rc 1 build 5600 - now the funny thing is I installed the same build of Vista on my Desktop snd Desktop Manager 4.2 works perfectly - does any 1 know of any fixes patches i am been looking all wkend for a fix to this - i am not sure what to copy from my desktop to get it to work - any 1 have any ideas on this