I just got a new PC at work and IT loaded the BB desktop software ... RIM Desktop Software forum

Glenn J no está en línea Stack level 2

Changing Sync Options

Advertisement

I just got a new PC at work and IT loaded the BB desktop software on it for me. My BB is a personal one; not company owned. They set the profile up to sync with outlook. However, I sync my BB with my yahoo calendar. How do switch sync progam options in the BB software? I feel like I've clicked everything, but can't figure out how to change that.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7
    Log into your yahoo account from the pc and click on calender. top right hand side click sync and it will prompt you to download Yahoo! Autosync. That's what i use to sync my yahoo calender, address book, and notepad to outlook. Hope it helps.

Thanks Eddie. I didn't realize yahoo had it's own sync ap.

I like to use the BB software though because I do the occational backup of the BB. Should I just uninstall the BB software and reinstall it and do the settings at that time? It seems the profile they created using outlook won't let me sync with yahoo right now.

4.2.2.14 is the version on my machine right now. Which one should I download from BB's site?

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    You need to click on the Synchronize icon in DM, go to the Configuration tab on the top and click Configure Sync. From there you will highligh calendar and hit the Choose Button. You can then select from a list of what you want to sync with and one of your options should be Yahoo.

I ended up doing an uninstall and a reinstall. I think it was initially set up by IT as an enterprise setup. I installed the verion as a personal setup and we're good to go!

One "minor" issue is still there. Whenever I open the software, a window pops up and asks me to "Choose profile". There's only one in there and it's called outlook. If I try to create a new one, it tells me I can do it. If I hit cancel, I can get to the software and sync.