When I initially installed BB Desktop Software, I specified it load on startup. I want ... RIM Desktop Software forum

Lighthouse8888 no está en línea Stack level 1

Change Desktop Software Config.

Advertisement

When I initially installed BB Desktop Software, I specified it load on startup. I want to change that whereby I load it myself. I cannot for the life of me find where that option is. I looked in my startup folder and don't see it. Any tips would be appreciated.

I'm sure this has been answered before but I just can't find it.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Change Desktop Software Config.

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse8888
    When I initially installed BB Desktop Software, I specified it load on startup. I want to change that whereby I load it myself. I cannot for the life of me find where that option is. I looked in my startup folder and don't see it. Any tips would be appreciated.

I'm sure this has been answered before but I just can't find it.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    Welcome to the stacks. In the system tray in the bottom right hand corner find the device manager and right click on it. Select device connection, start up settings, start desktop manager on start up.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

My apologies. It is actually in the control panel. Select add or remove programs. Find the desktop manager and select change /remove, then modify, it will be in the list as a shortcut option, just go through the steps.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Add/Remove Programs --> Modify may not work depending on how the installation was performed. If you extracted the file you downloaded to a directory (that still exists) and ran (BlackBerry)Setup.exe, Modify should work because the original MSI file should still be available. However, if you simply run the file you downloaded, the MSI is extracted to your Temp directory and may have been deleted.

Worst case, simply delete the Desktop Manager shortcut under Start --> All Programs --> Startup.
    JerryD

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_gauge
    My apologies. It is actually in the control panel. Select add or remove programs. Find the desktop manager and select change /remove, then modify, it will be in the list as a shortcut option, just go through the steps.
    Awesome! Thanks for the prompt reply and I appreciate the welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by jdellasala
    Add/Remove Programs --> Modify may not work depending on how the installation was performed. If you extracted the file you downloaded to a directory (that still exists) and ran (BlackBerry)Setup.exe, Modify should work because the original MSI file should still be available. However, if you simply run the file you downloaded, the MSI is extracted to your Temp directory and may have been deleted.

Worst case, simply delete the Desktop Manager shortcut under Start --> All Programs --> Startup.
    I did the former so the directory still exists. Thanks for the heads-up.