Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi guys, Everything was going fine then all of a sudden My Outlook Calendar won't ... RIM Desktop Software forum

BenEadir no está en línea Stack level 2

Can't sync Outlook Calendar to 8310

Advertisement

Hi guys,

Everything was going fine then all of a sudden My Outlook Calendar won't sync to my 8310 and visa versa. I double checked all the sync settings to make sure it was two way, the correct Outlook folder is mapped etc etc but no luck. When I try to sync (just the calendar) it appears to successfully go through the root configuration/action engine etc then when the syncronisation progress bar would normally start to process through the caledar items on both the device and Outlook it presents a "one moment please" message, stops and returns to the desktop manager software GUI.

I've tried deleting the desktop management softwre, deleting all the old settings, re-installing it and setting everything up again but still I can't get Outlook items to sync to the device nor the device calendar items to Outlook. I've even tried doing one way syncs from Outlook to the device & the other way around but no joy there either. This is really messing me up as I rely on my "sync'd" calendar all the time.

Can anyone suggest anything to help?

Regards,

Ben

galarson no está en línea Stack level 1
    Just a quick couple of questions:
    1.) Is this a windows, mac, linux, etc... computer?
    2.) What's the version of Desktop Manager you are running?
    3.) Can you sync other stuff, i.e. Address book?

Hi Galarson,

Laptop is Windows XP. Desktop Manager is V 4.6 & yes everything else seems to Sync fine i.e Tasks, Memo Pad and Address book. It's just the Calendar that's not working.

Hi Guys,

Anyone got any ideas? This sync problem is REALLY messing me up as I have to juggle two seperate diaries now.

Ben

boricua no está en línea Stack level 3
    This is what I would do. Since Outlook has all of my most up to date information, then I would first back up my BlackBerry database. I would then clear the calendar database on my BlackBerry using Desktop Manager.
    Once the calendar database has been cleared then I would perform a one-way sync from Outlook to my BlackBerry and if successful then I would make a bogus Calendar entry in Outlook and perform a two-way sync to make sure it is still working correctly.

Hi Boricua,

Thanks for the input. Two questions:-

1. How do I get the appointments which are on the 8310 onto Outlook if I wipe the 8310 calendar database? Do I have to do that manually?
    2. What happens if the one way sync from Outlook to the 8310 (post database clearout) doesn't work? Do I just do a restore of the backup I just did?

Regards,

Ben

OK, followed Boricua's instructions but before doing so added all the device only appointments manually to Outlook. Did a backup of the device, removed the calendar database from using the DM software, closed the DM software, restarted the DM software, configured the calendar sync to do a one way sync from Outlook to the device with Outlook winning any conflicts and I also chose the option to "replace all data in the target application", hit the sync button and nothing. Tasks, address book and memo's all sync's fine but the canlendar sync didn't even get going.

This is driving me crazy!!!! I now have no appointments on my device and have to bring a print out of my Outlook calendar with me.

Help???

Ben

boricua no está en línea Stack level 3
    Since you did a back up of your database then you can restore it. just click on backup and restore. then click on restore and locate the saved database.

Thanks Boricua for the suggestion but I don't really want to restore an incomplete diary to my 8310 as I think that would be more dangerous than having nothing in there at all.

Is there anyone here who can suggest anything else which will actually allow me to sync the 8310 calendar to Outlook?

SOS!!!

galarson no está en línea Stack level 1
    I hate to sound like I'm "giving up" on you, but this one may require some support from blackberry, if nobody else here has any ideas! I can't think what would cause it to just stop like that. If it had been after, say, a DM update, or after a Device software update even, then I might say to go back pre-update... Did windows update outlook any time recently? I don't remember seeing any come through for outlook...

Time for the white flag I guess. Does anyone have an email address for someone in BB support or do I just go in the front door via the BB website?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Ben, sounds like a pain, but you might need to go through your calendar to see if you maybe have a blank calendar item set up by mistake or some other type of corruption in your Outlook calendar that would prohibit you from getting it to sync.

You could always export your Outlook Calendar to an Excel spreadsheet and look through it that way, depending on the number of appointments you have in the calendar.

Hope this helps!
    Roger

GSB927 no está en línea Stack level 1

I have the same Issue, Ben!

DM 4.6
    Outlook 2003
    XP SP2

Calendar sync all of a sudden stopped working...symptoms EXACTLY the same as you described. I have uninstalled/reinstalled 5-6X!!

I finally found a post here that walks you through a complete, clean uninstall of DM4.6 ("How To: Perform a Clean Uninstall of Desktop Manager"). I am in the middle of trying that and reinstalling to see if that works.

Anyone think going 4.7 is a good alternative?

I'll let you know.

GaryB

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Gary,

Couldn't hurt to try the 4.7 DM. Could be some of the little quirks we've been reading about here recently have been fixed with this release.

GSB927 no está en línea Stack level 1

Clean 4.6 Uninstall didn't Work

Man, this is unbelieveable!! I completely cleaned out 4.6 this time (I think) and reinstalled....SAME PROBLEM!!!

I'm going to try 4.7.

GaryB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast