I'm back to a trusty BB again after succumbing to the iPhone hype. I am ... RIM Desktop Software forum

vas729 no está en línea Stack level 2

Can't sync contacts

Advertisement

I'm back to a trusty BB again after succumbing to the iPhone hype. I am soooo happy to be back. Although I am having a problem that I never had with my last bb curve.

I am trying to sync my contacts from Outlook 2003 on my laptop that is running vista to my curve 8310. I have been trying all day to get something to work, and nothing is.

I have updated outlook, I have tried to sync to yahoo, I have checked the at&t site and have verified that my software is the most current version, and I have tried to sync to outlook express on an xp computer. I am having no luck at all. I get no error messages from the desktop manager when I sync. The curve says that it is connected to the computer, then it stops and nothing has changed.

What can I do, or what am I doing wrong? I never had this problem with my 8300 curve. Oh, and the xp computer that I tried is the same one that used my old curve on last year. So that cant be it. I am thinking it is an issue with the bb, but I dont know. Everything else is working fine.

Here is my info:
    Stock curve 8310 running stock at&t software.
    Desktop manager version 4.2.2.14
    Curve version: 4.2.2.170

Thanks for any help stackers!

Update:

I upgraded the desktop manager to version 4.3.0.17 and I am having the same results. It still isn't syncing.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    when you say it isn't syncing, do you get a specific error?

No errors at all. It acts like it is starting to sync. Then about 2 seconds later it is done, and nothing has been synced.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    did you configure, under the configuration tab?

Yup. I have done everything that I can possibly think of. Having no luck here again today. Hopefully someone has had this problem and knows of a solution. Its driving me crazy!

fstbusa no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3054210e
    try deleting your intellisync folder....

I had the same issue, I found an issue on the RIM support site:
    The Intellisync® configuration folder has corrupt entries and must be removed.
    Resolution
    To properly synchronize with Microsoft Outlook, complete the following steps:
    1. On the computer, navigate to the following folder: C:\Documents and Settings\[user_name]\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry.
    2. Right-click the Intellisync folder and click Delete.
    3. Open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    4. Double-click Synchronize and click Synchronize now.

your directory structure with Vista will be slightly different but you should be able to find it. Something like C:\users\........