Hi All, I have an 8800 and a vista laptop. I am trying to install ... RIM Desktop Software forum

lagold79 no está en línea Stack level 1

Can't seem to install Desktop Software

Advertisement

Hi All,

I have an 8800 and a vista laptop. I am trying to install the desktop software so that I can synchronize my contacts with my computer, etc.

I am installing 4.2.1.79 (for some reason that is what cingular/AT&T is saying to install). Anyway, I get through with the installation and it says "do you want to start the application loader?". I say yes, but my device does not show up there. And the box to check to search for it is greyed out. Of course the phone is hooked up normally through USB. There is no RIM folder at all in the Program Files folder. I have uninstalled and re-installed, hard booted my phone, everything and still can't get it.

I then look at my desktop and there is no software icon there. I look in Common Files in explorer and see the RIM folder with the application loader sub folder and .exe file, but there is no desktopmgr.exe anywhere. What is happening? I've installed this software before on several computers successfully. Thank you !

lagold79 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Can't seem to install Desktop Software

Ok, I fixed it by simply installing 4.3 (the latest) software instead