Hello, I can't seem to restore after upgrading my OS, I keep getting the message ... RIM Desktop Software forum
Can't restore to my BB
Hello, I can't seem to restore after upgrading my OS, I keep getting the message whenever I click the backup file of "The file could not be opened. It does not appear to be a valid device database file"
I have tried this with multiple backups, and they all say the same thing. If anyone can help my I would be grateful. Thank you.
Sorry you are having issues. What OS did you have and what OS did you update too?
Try a selective restore and see if you can transfer just the device in individually. It may be that the database is corrupt or incompatible with the new os.
To restore specific databases in the backup file to your BlackBerry device, complete the following steps:
Hope it helps.
- Connect the BlackBerry device to your computer.
- Open the BlackBerry® Desktop Manager.
- Click Backup and Restore.
- Click Advanced.
- On the File menu, click Open.
- Double-click the backup (.ipd) file.
- In the Desktop File Databases section, select the database(s) to restore.
- Click the right arrow button.
- Click Yes.
Tags for this Thread