Hello I am trying to back up my bb 8100 and for some reason today ... RIM Desktop Software forum

IRDanielC no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Cannot use DM. Help Please

Advertisement

Hello I am trying to back up my bb 8100 and for some reason today my dm wont work it is giving me an error "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation packag 'BlackBerry 8100.msi' in the box below. Should I look for the folder and if so where, or can i just download the dm again and the old one will go away

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    First rebbot your pc, and do a battery pull on your device-try this first.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Okay I have done the following my computer still wont find DM. The battery pull has been done a countless number of times I think that if the reboot doesn't work I will just have to send my bb in for repair. lord help me.

PIN/ID
    nada
    Lol, let's explore some more things first. The battery pull and reboot of the PC was just the start. I had you reboot, because sometimes my pc won't recognize my Bold without a reboot. Okay, your PC was recognizing your device, right? And, other than connecting to your PC,your device is working properly, right?

My pearl is now recognized but the problem now is that the backup option isn't working it is currently saying "Error backing up Database(s)" what should I do.

PIN/ID
    nada
    Hmmm. Do you have a media card in your Pearl? If so, try taking it out and see if it will rcognize it and do a backup.

I have taken out media card and still DM wont backup. Should I just give up on the hope that I will back up my bb, because I am trying to do a memory wipe. I would hate to loose all the info on my bb.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Clear your browser cache and on your home screen hit alt+lglg and then clear the log.

PIN/ID
    nada
    Let's invite some more Stackers to the party. The only other thing I personally would suggest is to delete your current desktop manager and install a different one. One more question, and please don't take this the wrong way, but do you have your pearls OS installed on your pc? If not, you will need to DL and run it on your PC, if its from a different vendor than your devicen be sure to delete the vendor XML file. I hope someone else will post here, don't wipe it just yet, there are a great number folks on here that can help.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Try this:
    Open desktop manager
    Select back up and restore
    Advanced
    Now on the right side you'll see all the data sotred in your device, on the left side should be nothing,
    In the center there are two arrows,
    Highlight the first line on the right window and click on the left arrow, and do the same till you get the error, when the error come up just clear that data using DM and should be able to continue from there.
    If you want to select more then one item at time keep the Shift key pressed and use the arrows on your keyboard to select as many as you want

Hope that helps, if you still need help just post back *

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    If this is the same device you posted about earlier getting wet then that may be the biggest part of your problem. I would suggest following the advice given to you by myself and other stackers in that thread before attempting to do anything more with your Blackberry.