Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I dropped my bold into a vat of oil causing some major damage and until ... RIM Desktop Software forum

Powerlover no está en línea Stack level 2

cannot transfer address book

Advertisement

I dropped my bold into a vat of oil causing some major damage and until USPS brings me a new screen and keyboard, I am having to use a pearl. I can't handle the freaking keyboard on the pearl. I don't know how people use it!! When I did the device transfer feature in the DM, the address book will not transfer. It says something like the device is setup for wireless sync, or wireless update. How do I undo this feature so I can transfer all my info? I searched and searched, but I don't have a week to wade through the plethora of info on this site. Keep in mind, I cannot read my screen on my bold at this moment. I am sick of not being able to screen my calls!!!!

Thanks in advance!!

John
    Last edited by Powerlover; 10-20-2009 at 11:39 PM. Reason: spelling.....goober

BeamMeUp no está en línea Stack level 2
    Are you using BES for email?

No, B.I.S.

If you use "Device Switch Wizard" in Desktop Manager, the transfer from the Bold to the Pearl shold work. The message about Wireless Sync usually occurs when trying to sync through Desktop Manager when normal synching is done from your email/calender wirelessly. Did you try Device Switch Wizard yet?

Yup. Its what caused the whole mess.

The address book is in there. When I go to do it as a backup< or to just add a single component, the address book is there, but greyed out.

Are you using the latest version of DM? It can be downloaded from your carrier website. I'm not sure what the latest version is for the Bold since I'm with Verizon. Mine is 5.0.

The address is not the only item greyed out. That only indicates it is part of the core apps that you have no choice over adding or deleting. The items you can normally check for the "switch" from one device to another device are generally 3rd party apps.

4.6, but downloading the newest is not an option at this moment.

Ok...if you cannot download the newest right now then it could diminish the reliability of success. As long as the device switch wizard takes you to the point where it says to connect the new device, all should work. The device switch will not erase anything from the Bold so you will always have another opportunity to try switching at another time.
    I hope this helps.

it makes it all the way through. it just leaves the address book off. when i go in to try to transfer individual components, it is greyed out.

Forget trying to transfer individual components. Just let the Device Switch Wizard do its thing. Unles you tell DM to wipe the Bold after the transfer, you will have another opportunity to do it again. When completed, check to see if your address book made the trip to the Pearl and if it did not, it could very well be hardware related since the phone spent time in an oil bath.

Even uing a backup point from before the accident, it still wont work. really confusing.....

HAH!!! Got it. I made a database with nothing but the address book and before saving it, i switched phones on the DM and transferred it "back" to the phone..... it took this time.. i can finally go to bed, thanks for your help, without your suggestions, i would have quit digging long ago!!

So...DM will not permit you to get to the point where you can connect the Pearl? I have not seen this before. How far does device switch wizard take you before you are not prompted to connect the Pearl?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast