I am very new to blackberry so please help me out here. I have an ... RIM Desktop Software forum

JodieE no está en línea Stack level 1

Can not reconcile messages with Outlook

Advertisement

I am very new to blackberry so please help me out here. I have an 8820 which is my own (Not for business use), am using the most recent downloaded 4.2 OS on a PC, and use Outlook 2003. I am unable to check the box 'reconcile email' in the 'synchronize' tab of the desktop manager. Also, I can not get my blackberry handheld to reconcile message with the server. Any thoughts on how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated.

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    Are you using a POP mail account in outlook. You can't reconcile with that. Desktop manager and the BlackBerry Internet Service both are unable to reconcile with a PST file.

Ok, thanks. it looks like that's my problem. I guess you're going to tell me the only way around this is to use my gmail account, right? I can't convert the files as they come it?

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yeah if you really want to reconcile then you would need to use a setup other then pop...a web based client works best such as Gmail or Yahoo.

Thanks for your help.