Sorry if this question has an obvious answer, but I couldn't find anything on this ... RIM Desktop Software forum

joe robot no está en línea Stack level 2

can DM manage two phones with different OS?

Advertisement

Sorry if this question has an obvious answer, but I couldn't find anything on this matter using the search function.

Currently I have an 8100 with 4.2 OS, and my girlfriend has an 8120 with 4.3 OS. My question is can I use her laptop, which contains Desktop Manager ver 4.3, to sync and manage my phone? Thanks in advance.

jbean7916 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245A99C3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~in short, yes! It will ask you if you want to connect to pin XXXXXX each time you switch but a co-worker and I both back up to the same computer at work and I have an 8120 and she has an 8100

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I have both my 8100 and my 8120 backed up.

Awesome. Thanks for the reply guys.

Erica. When you went from the 8100 to 8120, did you have to update your desktop manager?

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I must have done something wrong, because I have 4.2.2 DTM on my PC (running XP), and I tried to downlaod the 4.0 DTM for an 8700 that I have, and I received a message saying that I had to delete the current DTM before I could install the 4.0. Does anyone know why?

jbean7916 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245A99C3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~chokem, because it is the same program you cannot have 2 versions of DM on your computer.

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    It is best to remove the prevoios DM when your going to upgrade if you don't u might get some errors. I had 3 different models on my computer at once before and never really had any problems
    Each OS is designed so that DM recognizes each bb model when connected to the computer that's why u can't install OS from an 8100 on an 8300 for example if that ever happens maybe a computer or software glitch but that's rare
    Via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I had already installed DM 4.3 when I was still on the 8100. No conflicts or problems at all.

jonspydr1500 no está en línea Stack level 1
    The trick is in the install of the device OS. If you are not going to be installing apps via the Desktop Manage, then it will work without problems.

Thanks for the replies.

One more question. My girlfriend has OS 4.3 installed in her computer. Would it be possible to also install OS 4.2 in her computer? That way I can also install apps into my phone, via the DM, on her computer. Or would installing two different device OS in one computer not work?