i recently tried to help my dad switch from an 8700c to an 8310. i ... RIM Desktop Software forum

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne

calendar problems...please help

Advertisement

i recently tried to help my dad switch from an 8700c to an 8310. i did a full backup restore to migrate his data and all seems to be well except for a missing calendar function.

on the 8310, he can neither invite attendees to his appointments, nor display attendees who were added when he had his 8700. the appointments are showing, but the attendee information, both inviting and showing those who accepted his invite, are not displayed on his 8310.

we live near the worlds only bb store, so we stopped by with both bbs to show and ask what we should do. the guy at the store seemed baffled looking at both the 8700 and 8310 (8700 has the function, and 8310 doesnt). he then suggested that i run the device switch wizard to try and migrate the data again. thats all good and well but for the fact that the 8310 wont allow attendees for new appointments either. i did just upgrade to the latest att os for 8310 4.5.0.110 (platform 2.7.0.90); not sure if that os removed the invite feature. comments?

im working hard not to have to wipe and restore his berry because he doesnt like having to contact all his bb msngr people each time we reinstall os on his phone. even with restoring messenger info, his contacts cant message him unless he msgs them first... a different, but also important, issue perhaps.

any tips? how do we get the invite attendee option back (and, if possible, without wiping the berry again)?

rathompson no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249FD6FD
    I think your going to have to wipe the bb. For the bb messenger, you can restore it if you backup before you wipe. In DM, go to restore/backup select advanced. You can individually restore the bbm.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    249FD6FD
    Sorry for the double post, but you might be able to restore the cal functions through the above mentioned process.

PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    Is there a service book that pertains to calendar function?

PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    Whoever moved my thread put it in the wrong place. This isn't a dm issue. Its a calendar issue. Please put the thread back to gen bb.

PIN/ID
    249FD6FD
    Quote Originally Posted by jzarowitz View Post
    Is there a service book that pertains to calendar function?

Yes, there is a calendar service book. But its specific for the individual email, ie xxxx@att.blackberry.net (CICAL)

greenandgold52 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Wipe the 8310 then do a straight back up of the 8700. Then connect the 8700 click the advanced option on the back up restore and only send what you need leaving out all the settings other than contactsand calander