Today, one of our users discovered that only some of their calendar items have disappeared ... RIM Desktop Software forum

ksalai no está en línea Stack level 1

Calendar items will not transfer from device to Outlook!

Advertisement

Today, one of our users discovered that only some of their calendar items have disappeared from Outlook, but are still on the blackberry (curve 8330). Tried doing a one way sync to put them back in Outlook, but no luck. These are future items, not older ones! Some are recurring items, some are invites.. I can't find a common factor among these items that might explain why they disappeared..

One question I have is: can I export or transfer the device calendar to somewhere other than Outlook in order to save the data? This person had calendar items for much of 2009 that are now gone, except for on the blackberry. :-(

Secondly, how can I force these items to transfer back to outlook??? None of the items in question are even listed when the "Accept Changes" notification appears..

One thing I did try was to rename this persons .OST file, and have them redownload everything from Exchange (including their calendar), tried a resync, but no luck..

Windows XP, SP3, Desktop Manager version 4.3...

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    A ghetto solution: Use googlesync to sync the BB's calendar entries to a google account. Then transfer that calendar over to outlook using this guide.

That's all I can think of. :/

Also, make a backup ASAP! Just in case, if you haven't already.

Thanks so much! I did make a backup and will give your idea a try..

Np, post back with results.

studio253 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I had a problem with Google sync removing events from my blackberry. I had to remove it after double booking two events on what looked like free days. Good luck to you with your issue.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

It doesn't appear that I can use Googlesync to do this, as it only applies to events added after installing googlesync (this is from their site):

"Please note that events that are on your BlackBerry calendar before you install and run Google Sync will not get synced. In other words, once you have installed and started running Google Sync, only events added to your BlackBerry calendar after that point will by synced to your Google Calendar."

I need to get the existing calendar events off the phone... :-/ Thanks though!

I'm sorry that didn't work out =/

Nels no está en línea Stack level 2

Same Problem

I am having the same problem. I just got a new laptop with the 64 bit version of Vista. I loaded DM 4.7 and tried to synch my Curve. Everything worked fine except none of the calendar entries appeared in Outlook on the laptop. I tried one way synch and also go nothing. I unloaded 4.7 and tried with 4.6, but got the same result.
    Last edited by Nels; 02-10-2009 at 04:06 PM.

timhobbs no está en línea Stack level 2
    i am having the same problem, I haven't made any changes to either the blackberry or the laptop, but yesterday opened up outlook to find a blank calendar. I still have all my information on my blackberry, but nothing on the computer. I have resent the service books, tried a one way sync to outlook, no luck with anything.. uninstalled DM 4.7 back to 4.6, using bold .244, and vist, office 2007. also it is syncing old appointments I just noticed, but not current or future ones.
    Last edited by timhobbs; 04-20-2009 at 01:57 PM.

I never did find a solution, my user ended up recreating all the missing appointments.. :-( I'll be sure to post back if I ever figure this out.. On another note, maybe this helps, I ended up installing version 4.2 for another user because 4.7 kept crashing.. (no luck with 4.5 either).. I use an 8700 that came with 4.2 and I never upgraded my software.. I've also not had a problem syncing since day one!! ???? I removed 4.7 and installed 4.2 and my user is as happy as a clam. This also solved an "accept changes" problem I was having.. Everytime you'd sync it would notify you of changed items, over and over and over. Not anymore!

Just an FYI..

mbyer no está en línea Stack level 2
    I think the writeup I just placed here may be your issue and solution. Posted fresh to make it easier to find.