Hey guys, With Bluetooth support added to 4.2.1 of the BB Desktop software, I was ... RIM Desktop Software forum

Solidus no está en línea Stack level 1

Bluetooth Tethered Modem?

Advertisement

Hey guys,

With Bluetooth support added to 4.2.1 of the BB Desktop software, I was wondering if it's now possible to use the tethered modem feature over bluetooth (removing the need for the easy-to-forget-to-take-to-work USB cable). I noticed a small guide in another thread, but it wasn't helpful.

It could be that the Bluetooth Stack isn't supported: The computer I'm using is an ASUS R1F that came with bluetooth pre-installed. Thing is, the bluetooth drivers seem to be made by Toshiba (they have the TOS appended to the names). I'm not sure if this is the Windows one that's needed.

Upon testing it, the computer tried to use COM40 as the default port, and didn't seem to like it when I tried to use COM6.

The BB I am using is a 8700g.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Bluetooth Tethered Modem?

Contect to your PC via bluetooth as usual then follow the instrustions here:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...em_laptop.html

Solidus no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Bluetooth Tethered Modem?

I know how to connect to the Internet with it, it's the getting the Desktop Software to work with bluetooth that's my problem.