Guys, Have any idea where I can get the software for this BB 8703e for ... RIM Desktop Software forum

Motogprc no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32B55019

Bluetooth Software for 8703e

Advertisement

Guys,

Have any idea where I can get the software for this BB 8703e for Vista. I have Bluetooth built-in and want to Sync the Device to my laptop. Know anything or where I can gete the software to finalize installation? I got "Exclamation" marks in the Device Manager, that's because it needs software for the 8703e.....any help would be appreciated...

Peace

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

PIN/ID
    32B55019

Re: Bluetooth Software for 8703e

That was quick..thanks for the reply. I will give it a shot.

PIN/ID
    32B55019

Well after installing this, with the latest software. It does not run on Vista properly. It opens, but close quickly before the blink of an eye. I even ran it as Administrator, as I'm running from Admin Acct. Emmmm.....just thought I'd let you know....

Thanks for the info....I guess I will have to wait and find one that works under Vista...

Peace...

PIN/ID
    3056468b

It does work fine for me, and many other users here as well. My suggestion is completely uninstall desktop manager, then reinstall by downloading from the site above. Good luck, let us know.

PIN/ID
    32B55019

I did that twice.....I will try again...this is a freshly installed Vista Ultimate......

cp169, are you running from Admin acct, or just another user's acct, which I presume may not do it's justice.

I will give it a shot again...

Thanks

PS: The weird part of it is, I get an unusual hang time when I run the installer, takes forever before it even starts to install...same with the uninstall, which I'm doing right now....very strange...
    Last edited by Motogprc; 06-12-2007 at 08:38 AM.

PIN/ID
    32B55019

Well, it didn't work. I completely uninstalled it reboot, go to registry remove excess Research InMotion progs, etc.....then reinstall, it opens but closed quickly. That's messed up. I'm started to think that Vista really S%&! A$#...pardon the language. I'm even noticed the features in Vista really S#%$! even thought I'm logged in as Administratopr and have full rights over everything, yet, it gives me problems. XP is way faster then Vista......

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Grr, tough one. I dont know of a solution for you. I downloaded from the site above, 4.2 sp1, ran as admin, and everything was peachy. To make sure I wasnt crazy I completely uninstalled today at work, this is my laptop btw, and reinstalled and it is fine.

Can anyone else provide any assistance to fix this problem?

drcjpye no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    Grr, tough one. I dont know of a solution for you. I downloaded from the site above, 4.2 sp1, ran as admin, and everything was peachy. To make sure I wasnt crazy I completely uninstalled today at work, this is my laptop btw, and reinstalled and it is fine.

I had the same problem until I turned the UAC back on. After that the Desktop Software starts. To turn the UAC back on:

Open the registry HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Pol icies\System and set EnableLUA to a value of ONE "1" - reboot.

I had to go through the same process to add a network printer, after adding the printer I could turn the UAC off. I have yet to try that with the BB software.

Anyway, this should get you started. Now I have to see if it will sync...

Chris

drcjpye no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169

Some further info. You need to keep UAC on for BB Desktop manager to work. You can also turn UAC on and off from the Control Panel/User accounts form.

Chris

mhedges no está en línea Stack level 1

I tried several solutions (had the same problem of program starting and going away), only thing that worked for me was uninstalling version 4.2.2 and installing 4.2.1