Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I too amstruggling with bt connectivity. pearl and toshiba laptop paired ok...no joy on syncing ... RIM Desktop Software forum

topgun1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Bluetooth, Pearl, and Desktop Manager

Advertisement

I too amstruggling with bt connectivity. pearl and toshiba laptop paired ok...no joy on syncing contacts etc...will keep trying

BBerryPro no está en línea Stack level 1

I don't know if you have solved the bluetooth & the pearl problem already, but just in case, here is how to solve it!

1- You must set up a COM port for your device to use in your Bluetooth Manager (let's say you chose COM 6) IMPORTANT- Ensure that the service you select is Blackberry Desktop Service and not the Modem!
    2- As any other communication channel, you have just set up one side, so let's set up the other: In the BlackBerry DEVICE MANAGER (not the desktop!) you must "Enable" the port. (you must ensure that the port you set up in step 1 is available within the list of ports in the BB Device Manager. Not all of them appear. So if you chose COM 6, ensure that is also available in the Device Manager Window).
    3- Once we have set up both ways in the communication channel, we are ready to let the BB Desktop Manager know how will the two communicate. In the BB Desktop Manager, go to Options -> Connection Settings -> Settings. Select the port you set up in the prevous steps and press the "Detect" button. If your set up worked, then it should give you a message saying "Device present at COM 6".
    4- ENJOY! I did this with a SONY VIAO VGN-Z420N with integrated bluetooth (Toshiba Stack) and a BlackBerry Pearl from Cingular.
    5- I have also set up the bluetooth modem with the Pearl and it REALLY WORKS! Now I enjoy a wireless connection between the Pearl and the VIAO as I synchronize and browse the web without cables!!!!

Hope this helps!

Since I can't post weblinks, you can go to the prcpagroup website which starts with the www and ends in a dot com and after that use a slash and type bbsync. Remember to put the 3 ws, a period, prcpagroup, a period, com, followed by a "/" and the word bbsync.

Please notice the three icons in the tray bar. Form left to right: 1- the Bluetooth Manager 2- desktop manager 3- device manager.

Note: to end the connection, just hit the End Call button in your device.

Good luck!
    Last edited by BBerryPro; 04-26-2007 at 11:21 PM.

Cochese no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E19215

Quote Originally Posted by BBerryPro
    I don't know if you have solved the bluetooth & the pearl problem already, but just in case, here is how to solve it!

1- You must set up a COM port for your device to use in your Bluetooth Manager (let's say you chose COM 6) IMPORTANT- Ensure that the service you select is Blackberry Desktop Service and not the Modem!
    2- As any other communication channel, you have just set up one side, so let's set up the other: In the BlackBerry DEVICE MANAGER (not the desktop!) you must "Enable" the port. (you must ensure that the port you set up in step 1 is available within the list of ports in the BB Device Manager. Not all of them appear. So if you chose COM 6, ensure that is also available in the Device Manager Window).
    3- Once we have set up both ways in the communication channel, we are ready to let the BB Desktop Manager know how will the two communicate. In the BB Desktop Manager, go to Options -> Connection Settings -> Settings. Select the port you set up in the prevous steps and press the "Detect" button. If your set up worked, then it should give you a message saying "Device present at COM 6".
    4- ENJOY! I did this with a SONY VIAO VGN-Z420N with integrated bluetooth (Toshiba Stack) and a BlackBerry Pearl from Cingular.
    5- I have also set up the bluetooth modem with the Pearl and it REALLY WORKS! Now I enjoy a wireless connection between the Pearl and the VIAO as I synchronize and browse the web without cables!!!!

Hope this helps!

Since I can't post weblinks, you can go to the prcpagroup website which starts with the www and ends in a dot com and after that use a slash and type bbsync. Remember to put the 3 ws, a period, prcpagroup, a period, com, followed by a "/" and the word bbsync.

Please notice the three icons in the tray bar. Form left to right: 1- the Bluetooth Manager 2- desktop manager 3- device manager.

Good luck!

This is how I did it, TMO Pearl, "billionton" cheap *** ebay bluetooth and a toshiba L35-S1054.

graphicdsgnr no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by BBerryPro

Hope this helps!

Good luck!

Hey-- I have followed your directions (I have a Sony Vaio VGN -SZ330P with WinXP SP2 and Toshiba Bluetooth Stack) and have managed to get it to sync my address book through Bluetooth. Woo hoo! But I have a few questions:

1) The only way the Desktop Manager will connect is if I go to Options/Connection Settings/ and then click Detect. It seeems a little flaky though-- sometimes it will sync, but other times it still shows "disconnected." Also, It won't auto-sync upon opening Desktop Manager as it did before. Also, the "Enable Bluetooth Support" and "Automatically Switch from Bluetooth to USB when USB is connected" are still greyed out, even though it is syncing. Any idea how to remedy that?

2) How did you manage to set up your pearl as a bluetooth modem? Can you write down the instructions for that?

3) How do I disconnect the blackberry from Desktop Manager? When I press the call end button, nothing happens...

sfhn no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: Bluetooth, Pearl, and Desktop Manager

I am glad to have found out via this forum that Blackberrry desktop manager only works with Microsoft Drivers.

In my case I have a Sony Vaio. I uninstalled the Toshiba Stack (Add/Remove Programs or Programs and Features nowadays in Vista)

I proceeded to update the drivers manually by choosing 'bluetooth radio' from the list / MicrosoftHW / Microsoft Wireless Transceiver for Bleutooth 2.0 . That did the trick.

Hope this post helps some of you.

sunny28sun no está en línea Stack level 1

GUYS - I had victory in installing Microsoft Stack Drivers over my Widcomm !!!
    I can use the Bluetooth option with Dektop Manager !!!!!!!!!!!!! Yey !!!!!!!!!

Follow the instructions as explained below:

1. Goto device manager and right click on ur bluetooth device then click on properties.
    2. Goto the "Details" Tab and select the Device Instance Id
    3. Now click on the id in the below mentioned box it should look like this
    USB\VID_049F&PID_0086\5&1678B56E&0&1 - press ctrl + c to copy it
    4. Remove the last characters from the end so tht it looks like this:
    USB\VID_049F&PID_0086
    5. Now save it in a note pad or something.
    6. Open the file /$WinDir$/inf/bth.inf
    Scroll till around the 60th Line till u see some text like this:

;------------- Device section - Start -----------------------
    [ALPS.NT.5.1]
    ALPS Integrated Bluetooth Device= BthUsb, USB\Vid_044e&Pid_3005
    Alps Bluetooth USB Adapter= BthUsb, USB\Vid_044e&Pid_3006
    [Belkin.NT.5.1]
    Belkin Bluetooth Adapter= BthUsb, USB\Vid_050d&Pid_0081
    Belkin Bluetooth Adapter= BthUsb, USB\Vid_050d&Pid_0084

Here add ur device ID Line
    My Bluetooth Device Adapter= BthUsb, USB\VID_049F&PID_0086

7. Save this file and close notepad.

8. Goto control panel and remove all the bluetooth software you have installed

9. Goto device manger and uninstall the Bluetooth from there as well if it is stil showing up.

10. Restart ur computer and make sure the bluetooth device is enabled from the Device manager.

11. Let windows automatically find the software for your hardware

12. VOILA - u r done !!!!!!!!!!

Microsoft Bluetooth stack drivers will be installed and u will be able to see the Bluetooth option in ur Desktop Manager Software !!!!

ENJOY ..............
    Last edited by sunny28sun; 10-05-2007 at 03:03 PM.

ATI
    ATI no está en línea Stack level 1

Most Stupid Way is as under (for Dial-up Modem), its working for me few steps may be extra:

Notebook: Lenovo T61

Uninstalled Bluetooth driver from Control Panel > Add Remove Programs
    Restart Computer
    Automatically Install drivers ......... allowed to download from Internet
    "Microsoft Emulator + ThinkPAd Enhanced Driver Installed"

Desktop Software Got Connected but Dial-up was not working

Re-run Setup from ThinkPad own BT Drivers

After installation

Dial-up Bluetooth Modem is working in "Administrator" mode with Normal Diap-up Connection to *99# , no additional string is defined in advanced settings of the modem --- Without invoking Desktop Manager in back ground

Cheers
    Last edited by ATI; 10-24-2007 at 12:58 AM.

daytona235 no está en línea Stack level 1

Bluetooth, Pearl, and Desktop Manager

Folks I need your help - I have spent countless hours searching and trying to fix this problem.

I have 3 8100 Pearls.

1 - RED 8100 direct from ATT (wife)
    2 - BLACK1 8100 from Cingular from work - my old device. (mine)
    3 - BLACK2 8100 direct from ATT

These three show up on all 3 devices under Bluetooth Options
    Headset
    Handsfree
    Dial-Up Networking

I am running the MS bluetooth stack. PC sees devices. All devices did show up in desktop manager (except for BLACK1 which never did.)

ALL DEVICES have most current software v 4.2.1.96 Platform 2.3.0.78.
    I am running DESKTOP MANAGER 4.2.2.14

RED - worked fine on all fronts - no policy - under Blue tooth Options I had these additional settings:
    Wireless Bypass
    Desktop Connectivity

BLACK1 synched via usb cable - but no luck with bluetooth.
    So I followed instructions and took out corporate policy. the policy file from removeblackberrypolicy.com (did the regedit etc)
    Still no Bluetooth synch - ie no: Desktop Connectivity or Wireless Bypass
    Showed NO Corporate Policy

SO I got a new device - no policy on this one - BLACK2
    It worked like a charm - synched via bluetooth.
    I hooked it up via usb cable once to my laptop did a couple of things including synching phone book, trying to restore a game from a backup of BLACK1
    END RESULT - Bluetooth features suddenly gone - no more Wireless Bypass - no more Desktop Connectivity.

BUMMER

Today - I did a wireless synch on RED and it too lost bluetooth features.
    NOW I AM REALLY ANNOYED. and worse - OUT OF IDEAS!!!

NOW none of the devices show up in Desktop manager Bluetooth. They do show up in the PC and are paired to the PC. NOTHING has been changed on the PC.

Anyone have ANY idea how this keeps happening? And MORE IMPORTANTLY How to fix it?
    I now have 3 8100 devices all with no Bluetooth synch or ability to do wireless bypass.

HEeeeeeeelp PLEASE.

Is the only way around?
    1. Bother my BES Admins at work to help me?
    2. Even then how do I stop this from happening again? A full uninstall of desktop Admin?
    3. Install my own BES at home (what do I need for this - I have a Win 2003 Server)?
    4. How much trouble is it to install BES server? - is the software free?

I have also tried Javaloader -u wipe Reloaded OS Still missing items under bluetooth. - NO LUCK.

Last edited by daytona235; 11-26-2007 at 09:24 PM.

StevoR no está en línea Stack level 1

Help!!!!

I have a Blackberry Pearl and it used to synch great with my old Vaio via Bluetooth. Now I have a new one with the Toshiba Stack and nothing works. I can connect etc with the USB but not with Bluetooth

I have tried setting the Com ports on all. On the BB Device manager it allows me to select but it still says diconnected. Am I doing something wrong???? The Com Port on the Desktop Manager is also set to the same com port but it doesnt work.

Anyone got any advice?????

Regards

Stevo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12