Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Am trying to synch my Pearl with my Desktop Manager on PC using Bluetooth. I ... RIM Desktop Software forum

ehcline no está en línea Stack level 1

Bluetooth, Pearl, and Desktop Manager

Advertisement

Am trying to synch my Pearl with my Desktop Manager on PC using Bluetooth. I can send the Address book over from the Pearl to my PC via Bluetooth, but nothing else...and the Bluetooth option is "grayed out" on the Desktop Manager Connection Settings page. I can synch everything back and forth between the Pearl and the PC using the USB cable with no problem, but would like to know if anyone has been successful in synching everything using Bluetooth...and if so, how? (P.S. Bluetooth is not an integral part of my Fujitsu Lifebook P1510D; I bought a Targus Bluetooth Adapter, which is in one of my USB ports at the moment.) Cheers and thanks in advance.

jailbaitryan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E3AA4A
    No ideas...
    What's Bluetooth anyway?
    Hahahaha! Just kidding...
    But no, sorry?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    ehcline, Welcome to PinStack.

Can't help with either Bluetooth or the Desktop problem, but let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

damm no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by ehcline
    Am trying to synch my Pearl with my Desktop Manager on PC using Bluetooth. I can send the Address book over from the Pearl to my PC via Bluetooth, but nothing else...and the Bluetooth option is "grayed out" on the Desktop Manager Connection Settings page. I can synch everything back and forth between the Pearl and the PC using the USB cable with no problem, but would like to know if anyone has been successful in synching everything using Bluetooth...and if so, how? (P.S. Bluetooth is not an integral part of my Fujitsu Lifebook P1510D; I bought a Targus Bluetooth Adapter, which is in one of my USB ports at the moment.) Cheers and thanks in advance.
    From my personal experience, the Blackberry Desktop Manager only talks with the "Microsoft" Bluetooth Stack that comes with XP Service Pack 2.

Anything less as a modem, and for syncing may or may not work, at your own perl.

nemo no está en línea Stack level 1
    Using the Microsoft Bluetooth worked for me on a Compaq. One other hint, If you using an "Enterprise Blackberry server" there is also a policy setting that needs to be made by the IT guys to enable the Bluetooth option.

SSM_Scotch no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E29A5E
    I haven't tried this but I will and let you know the results.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

DenverMike no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm having exactly the same experience with a Pearl and Dell D620 Notebook

Just thought I'd chime in to say that I'm having the same frustration. I have a new Dell D620 and the integrated Bluetooth adapter uses the Toshiba stack, instead of the Microsoft stack, so in Desktop Manager the Bluetooth option is grayed-out.

I would sure love to use Bluetooth to sync with this Pearl! Anyone have any idea of whether how to get ahold of the Microsoft stack, and whether it generally is usable on Toshiba Bluetooth hardware?

docholliday no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317AFEB6
    Run a google search, the information is out there. I synch my Pearl with my Gateway via BT.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    nemo, Welcome to PinStack.

And thanks for the reminding me about the BES BT policy, if I remember right it's set to Off by default.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help with your BB. And if you do have questions, it will really help us help you if you take the time to fill in your PinStack Profile with the information concerning your device. Model, OS and Platform (Found on Options/About), BES Status, Location, and Carrier. Depending on the question, each of these may have an impact on how we respond.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    DenverMike, Welcome to PinStack.

Let us know if you find the Windows stack for download. And let us know if there is anything we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    damm, Welcome to PinStack.

Thanks for the infomation about the Bluetooth stack from windows. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer

OYSTR no está en línea Stack level 1
    I think if you pair your PC and BB, ensuring you connect on one of the specified Com ports (in Desktop Manager), the Bluetooth option in Connection Settings will become available.

I have successfully synced my Pearl over Bluetooth, but only the contacts. What I find disappointing (as a previous SonyEricsson user) is that the Bluetooth does not seem to be data capable so there is no uploading of files/ringtones/pics to the BB via Bluetooth.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    OYSTR, Welcome to PinStack.

Thanks for the information. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer

UptownNOLA no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Blue Tooth and Pearl

I too am having great difficulties with my Pearl and Bluetooth. I have the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack on a Dell Inspiron 9300. I finally got the laptop and the Pearl recognizing each other by using the same PIN when each device asked for it. However, I am now faced with only three choices of services: Dialup Networking (not interested), Blackberry Desktop service, and Blackberry Bypass Service. The latter two both show a service class of serial port. I've no idea what these two services are. Any help? I just want to be able to send some pics or some maps between the two devices without having to drag out the USB cable! I would appreciate any guidance from you experienced users.

PS: Many hours later, I have found an article in Blackberry's Public Support Knowledge Base. It is Article KB-04132. I haven't tried all of the steps yet, but this may help others struggling with the same issue.
    Last edited by UptownNOLA; 12-17-2006 at 11:37 PM.

Steindor no está en línea Stack level 1

Same problem

Have the same problem with my pearl. Have already changed into Microsoft stack for bluetooth and the bluetooth can now see the unit and as well the bluetooth option for the desktop manager is now allowing to be used, but still the desktop manager cannot find the unit although it has been paired with the computer... so what can I do now??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast