My colleague runs Blackberry Desktop Redirector 3.6.0.59 on our office network. It appears to be ... RIM Desktop Software forum

d2trader1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry Desktop Redirector printing problems

Advertisement

My colleague runs Blackberry Desktop Redirector 3.6.0.59 on our office network. It appears to be working properly. However, a big problem. When the redirector is active, he can't print to our network printer. (its configured to run from an IP address on our internal network) When he exits the redirector, he can print. Anyone have this problem and figured out a fix by chance? (Vista small business network)

miles_troope no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Blackberry Desktop Redirector printing problems

Quote Originally Posted by d2trader1
    My colleague runs Blackberry Desktop Redirector 3.6.0.59 on our office network. It appears to be working properly. However, a big problem. When the redirector is active, he can't print to our network printer. (its configured to run from an IP address on our internal network) When he exits the redirector, he can print. Anyone have this problem and figured out a fix by chance? (Vista small business network)
    Hmmm thats a strange one.

Redirector uses MAPI to talk to Outlook/Exchange. Can't see how that would affect the printer. It also maintains a connection to the RIM infratructure over the Web. Can't remember what form this takes though as it's friday and my brain is mush.

If anything I'd think it was this side that was causing the print to get upset however.

Not sure what to suggest other than trying a newer version of the software.
    Miles.