this has probably been posted before, if so, I am sorry for the repost. I ... RIM Desktop Software forum

Homeuser66 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    208D9C8E

Blackberry Desktop Manager has encountered a problem and nees to close. We are sorry

Advertisement

this has probably been posted before, if so, I am sorry for the repost. I keep getting this error message after I sync. I can sync no problem, but everytime I close the window I get this error message. I am using version 4.2.1.8 (Jan 16 2007)....I have also done a clean install of this software and I still get this message. Like I said, I sync with no issues at all other than this stupid message. It is bothersome...any ideas??????????

fbriceno97 Guest

Re: Blackberry Desktop Manager has encountered a problem and nees to close. We are sorry

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Man this problem has happened to me before, in my case I found out that the antivirus was the reason behind this failure.

I close the antivirus before running DM.

Hope this can help you

PIN/ID
    208D9C8E

Re: Blackberry Desktop Manager has encountered a problem and nees to close. We are sorry

No, this did not work for me.....

fbriceno97 Guest

You can also try before closing DM, choosing safely remove device fro computer and select the BB, then after unpluged from computer close the DM.

Try it and let me know how it goes

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Try this:

Problem

You receive the following error after synchronizing your BlackBerry device:
    BlackBerry Desktop Manager has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
    OR
    Handheld Tools has encountered an problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
    Synchronization occurs with no problems, but the error appears after the process has completed.

Cause

Summary of Causes
    This issue may be caused by one of the following:
    1. The Intellisync® folder is corrupt.
    2. The BlackBerry Desktop Manager is not communicating with the file it is trying to synchronize to.

Resolution

Cause 1
    The Intellisync folder is corrupt.
    Resolution
    For BlackBerry Desktop Manager
    Delete the Research In Motion folder and click Reset Configuration from the BlackBerry Dekstop Manager on your computer.
    1. Close BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    2. Open Microsoft&#174; Windows&#174; Explorer and delete the Research In Motion folder in the following location: C:\Documents and Settings\<user_name>\Application Data\
    3. Close and reopen the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    4. Double-click the Intellisync icon and click Configure PIM. The Research In Motion folder is created automatically.
    5. On the Configuration screen, select the Address Book application and click Choose.
    6. Select the correct translator and click Options.
    7. To save your changes, click OK until you reach the Intellisync window, then click Close.
    8. Perform a synchronization again.
    Handheld Tools Desktop Manager
    1. In Desktop Manager, go to Synchronize > Configuration Settings.
    2. Click on Reset Configuration. The Research In Motion folder will be re-created automatically.
    3. On the Handheld Configuration Screen, select the Address Book/Calendar application and click Choose.
    4. Select the correct translator and click OK to save your changes.
    5. Go back to Synchronize Tab.
    6. Click on Synchronize Now.
    Cause 2
    The BlackBerry Desktop Manager is not communicating with the file it is trying to synchronize to.
    Resolution
    To resolve this issue complete the following steps:
    1. Open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    2. Double-click the Intellisync icon and click the Configuration tab.
    3. Select the Configure Synch option.
    4. Highlight the application that is producing the error and select Choose.
    5. Select Browse.
    6. On the bottom window, select the location to synchronize and select Remove.
    7. From the top window, find the same location to synchronize and select Add.
    8. Click OK on all the screens to return to the synchronization screen.
    9. Click Synchronize Now.

PIN/ID
    208D9C8E

None of the above worked........sorry...and thanks for trying...

I have tried all 3 of these already..
    Last edited by Homeuser66; 05-10-2007 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Automerged.