BlackBerry Desktop Manager has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for ... RIM Desktop Software forum

Homeuser66 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    208D9C8E

BlackBerry Desktop Manager has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Advertisement

BlackBerry Desktop Manager has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Has anyone else been having this problem? I upgraded my software to the latest version, and all I keep getting is this message. Everything sync's fine, but when I close the Desktop Software, I keep getting this message and it's annoying.. Is there a fix????????

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: BlackBerry Desktop Manager has encountered a problem and needs to close.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ best guess is to uninstall then reinstall DM. Let us know

fbriceno97 Guest

I do get this message from time to time, but in my case appears when i close the Desktop Manager and unplug the phone from the PC, then if i plug it again and open the Desktop Manager i keep getting the message until i reboot the computer.

One way i manage to solve this issue was using the safely remove the device from computer, i close the desktop manager and wait the icons on the windows tool bar disapear, then i choose safely remove device from pc... and then unplug the phone, when i plug it back again i am able to reopen the Desktop Manager without no trouble at all.

hope this help

PIN/ID
    208D9C8E

I will try this...I have uninstalled this software 3x's and re downloaded it as well..but to no avail....

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

homeuser -- see if this one might help...

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...p_manager.html

::edit::
    what device are you on?
    what version OS and what version DM did you download?

PIN/ID
    208D9C8E

I am using the 8700g from T-Mobile, the version OS I am using is: Windows XP Pro, with all the latest updates. DM: Version 4.21.8 (Jan 16, 2007)

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

hmm...did you just do the OS 4.2 update to your bb? because im not sure you can use DM 4.2 unless your device OS is 4.2

options/about for current OS information

PIN/ID
    208D9C8E

Actually, I gave up........I've tried everything. I even happend on my laptop while syncing no outlook data at all......Im wondering if it is my phone.....

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

This is close to a year ago and you still didn't get it to work Homeuser?
    Are you using the same device and PC?

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

All the fixes posted here relate to the Desktop Manager installation, but the error message (subtly) implies a problem with one or more of the Databases it's trying to sync.

The BlackBerry KB on the issue is here:
    http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/artic...AL_Public.html

Before trying the solutions posted there, try this. Set up DM to NOT sync ANY folders, and see if you get through a sync session. If you don't, check the KB article.

If it makes it through syncing NOTHING, add one item at a time to try to track down which is causing the problem.

You didn't say what you're syncing with, but if it's Outlook, conflicts - particularly in the Calendar - can cause all kinds of problems. Check this post if it ends up being the Calendar:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ar_issues.html
    JerryD