Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My Blackberry Desktop Manager crashes on synchronizing the Calendar 100% of the time. I am ... RIM Desktop Software forum

wrhodson no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Blackberry Desktop Manager Crashes on Synchronizing Outlook Calendar

Advertisement

My Blackberry Desktop Manager crashes on synchronizing the Calendar 100% of the time. I am using DM 4.3 with Vista and Outlook 2007 with an 8310 Curve.

From the large number of similar issues on the forums, it seems that Blackberry has a very serious issue in this area. They blame “corrupted” calendars, but it seems that there are an awful lot of us with corrupted calendars! I don’t believe it. Besides, when one designs and implements software, good software practice says NO bad data can EVER crash the software. Bad data should be detected, reported in detail, and then give the user a choice to ignore or continue without it.

At any rate, I have tried work-around suggestions that have helped others like cleaning out the BB device calendar, sending only one-way (Outlook to BB), filtering on only a few days, etc. All have failed for me. Unless I opt to not sync the calendar, I always get “Blackberry Desktop Manager has Stopped Working” as soon as DM scans the calendar (“Reading from Microsoft Outlook Calendar”). I have even deleted many calendar items.

Calendar synchronization did work for about 3 weeks. It stopped shortly into a trip to Europe after I changed time zones (Eastern US to Central Europe) on both the BB and Outlook. I don’t know it that had anything to do with initiating the issue.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the software more times than I can count (both from CD and the web), even manually deleting the folders, files, and desktop icons that the uninstall service inappropriately leaves behind. On installation, Roxio always reports a failure = “A network error occurred while attempting top read from the file c:\users\owner\AppData\local\temp\WZSE2.TMP\SR_MM\ RCP_CORE_35\2d12b3.si”.

Can anyone help?

wrhodson no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Re: Blackberry Desktop Manager Crashes on Synchronizing Outlook Calendar - The Fix!

Update: After spending 2-1/2 hours on the phone with AT&T and RIM Customer Service, we found the following:

1. Scan the Outlook PST file for problems: Run the following program after closing Microsoft Outlook: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\SCANPST.exe. It found “Minor inconsistencies” that it will go on to repair. It is not clear if this was part of the issue, but it alone did not solve the crash-on-calendar-sync problem.

2. We then uninstalled the Blackberry Desktop Manager and reinstalled it. This time it was installed “WITH ADMINISTRATIVE PRIVILEGE”. Evidently with Vista this makes a difference. Simply granting administrative privilege when demanded is not enough for this installation. Download the installation file from the website but SAVE it instead of selecting RUN. Then go to the saved file, right-click, and select “Run as administrator”. This eliminates the error ““A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file…”. After that, the crash-on-calendar-sync problem went away. Note that the calendar had synchronized okay for several weeks when installed normally. Perhaps the “minor inconsistency” in the PST brought out the installation shortcoming.

I hope this may save someone else many hours of grief.

o1sowise no está en línea Stack level 3
    Sometimes, my calendar stops syncing (or even worse, it wants to delete a bunch of entries). So far, every time that happens, I've always been able to (painfully) find the one calendar entry that confuses it. Once I delete that one entry, all is well again. Intellisync is very schizophrenic.

pvk08 no está en línea Stack level 1

Resolved Calendar Crash scenario

Got this from another board. I had tried a bunch of things but nothing seemed to work. This worked for me.

I had the same issue, I found an issue on the RIM support site:
    The Intellisync® configuration folder has corrupt entries and must be removed.
    Resolution
    To properly synchronize the Calendar with Microsoft Outlook, complete the following steps:
    1. On the computer, navigate to the following folder: C:\Documents and Settings\[user_name]\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry.
    2. Right-click the Intellisync folder and click Delete.
    3. Open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    4. Double-click Synchronize and click Synchronize now.

I use Vista so the directory tree was a bit different but not hard to get to. I relocated the Intellisync folder because I was doubtful. DM ran through the configuration sequence which gave me hope and then it worked like a charm. Something clearly got corrupted in the Intellisync config. I can't say this is everyone's problem with this bug but it certainly worked for me and it is a relatively painless fix.

justajason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242C7F74
    Quote Originally Posted by pvk08 View Post
    Got this from another board. I had tried a bunch of things but nothing seemed to work. This worked for me.

I had the same issue, I found an issue on the RIM support site:
    The Intellisync® configuration folder has corrupt entries and must be removed.
    Resolution
    To properly synchronize the Calendar with Microsoft Outlook, complete the following steps:
    1. On the computer, navigate to the following folder: C:\Documents and Settings\[user_name]\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry.
    2. Right-click the Intellisync folder and click Delete.
    3. Open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    4. Double-click Synchronize and click Synchronize now.

I use Vista so the directory tree was a bit different but not hard to get to. I relocated the Intellisync folder because I was doubtful. DM ran through the configuration sequence which gave me hope and then it worked like a charm. Something clearly got corrupted in the Intellisync config. I can't say this is everyone's problem with this bug but it certainly worked for me and it is a relatively painless fix.
    Dude, YOU ROCK!
    Ugh, couldnt think of anything to change it to.

TbQuero no está en línea Stack level 1
    Super tks for your help. Your hint is great and it works, but PVK08 tip, is easier and also worked like a charm

...simply DELETE the Intellisync folder

TbQuero no está en línea Stack level 1
    PVK08. Many tks! I had been struggling with this sync problem for 2 weeks, and was going crazy, since I was missing lots of appointments !!! My memory is terrible.... Deleting the intellisync folder just did it. Super.

Grim_Deeds no está en línea Stack level 1
    After several months of working fine my BB 8320 sync failed this morning. Thanks for the tip on deleting the folder and then syncing again... worked great!

Jeff

beausoleilb1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    The Intellisync fix worked for me as well. Thanks for the tip. The sync worked right for months and one day it stopped working. Regardless of why it stopped, this fixed it.

ripcord2000 no está en línea Stack level 1

I've tried everything...

Much appreciation to all those who have posted possible solutions here, but I've tried them all and nothing seems to work.

What I've done:

First Attempt:

1. I deleted the Intellisync director and tried to sync - didn't work.

Second Attempt:

1. I painstakingly went through and repaired all 15 of my PST files using SCANPST.EXE.

2. I uninstalled the DM software, re-installed by using the "Run as Administrator" option and even started DM using the "Run as Administrator" option.

3. I ran SCANOST.EXE and checked all folders.

...and I still get the error which says, "Blackberry Destop Manager has stopped working..." no matter what I try to sync: Calendar, Address Book, one-way, two-way, future items only - it doesn't matter. No combination works and all attempts end with the same error.

Nothing works!

I'm running Windows Vista Enterprise 32-bit with SP1

MS Outlook 2007

Blackberry Desktop Manager 4.3.0.17 (Nov 12 2007)
    Device Communications
    Blackberry Device Manager 4.3.0.7
    BBDevMgr 4.0.0.1
    RIM USB Driver 4.0.0.2
    RIB USB Serial Driver 2.1.0.4
    Application Loader
    Application Loader 4.3.0.13
    RIM Program 1.0.0.35

Blackberry Curve 8300
    Platform 2.4.0.39
    App Version 4.2.2.89 (186)

I've about had it. I'm about ready to give up on the blackberry after being a loyal blackberry user for over 4 years and move to a MS Mobile device because my company supports the wireless sync for those devices.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

justajason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242C7F74
    I see what you have done is extensive. But have you tried downgrading the DM to the previous version. I have had to do that in the past. And it resolved some of my issues. Make sure when you do the uninstall that you remove everything that remotely resembles the DM from the C: drive. via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

DM 4.2 SP2, SP1 or no SP?

When first upgraded to Vista Enterprise 32-bit, I had DM 4.2 on my laptop, though I don't know if there was a SP or not. It didn't work at all, so I upgraded to 4.3 and then it worked on and off since February 2008.

Which DM 4.2 would you recommend?

Thanks.

beamerlow no está en línea Stack level 1
    Just found this thread - I has problems syncing with Lotus Notes Calendar - thought solutions above might help - none did......however....

Used Blackberry Desktop Manager to delete Calendar in Device, then sync'd from Lotus Notes - WORKED!

Reloaded backed-up blackberry calendar, tried to resync - old problem!

I suspect a corrupt Blackberry Calendar file caused the original problem!!

Finally resolved the problem...

Well, it took an extreme measure, but I finally resolved the problem. Figured this might be helpful for others.

Along with the Desktop Manager crashing or never ending the sync process, I began to experience a lag in the performance of the phone. It took 3-5 minutes to unlock the phone and 1-2 minutes to back out of the messages or address book.

The next attempt to get sync to work was a hard reset on the phone which almost wipes the phone entirely...but not entirely enough to solve my problem. Though, I didn't notice my available memory increased from approximately 11 MB to 27.5 MB - hmmmm...wonder what chews up and never releases memory over time? So, the sync problem seemed to be specific to the calendar since I was able to get the address book, tasks and notes to sync, but the calendar still hung and never completed.

When the hard reset didn't work, I called AT&T Wireless and got the Blackberry OS install file which, happily to say, was a newer version that what was originally on the phone. So, I installed the OS and preserved a few things like one of my themes, but pretty much started over with a fresh install.

Sync'd carefully, address book, tasks and notes and then the calendar and then added apps back one by one. Everything is now working except my Empower HTML email viewer. It seems the sync problem is fixed, I've got double the free memory I had before, I'm on the newest OS and the performance lag has gone away. I'm certainly glad AT&T Wireless was able to provide the OS install file.

Hope this helps somebody else.

markshen no está en línea Stack level 1

deleting intellisync folder not working

deleting the intellisync folder sounds like the easiest solution on this thread (since i can't find the outlook pst file). however, when i try to sync, i get a message that says "No Applications configured for synchronization"

Anyone have this problem?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast