Hi all, I have a very annoying problem thats driving me mad. The problem occurs ... RIM Desktop Software forum

The_Kirschi no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down Blackberry deletes text in Outlook tasks

Advertisement

Hi all,

I have a very annoying problem thats driving me mad. The problem occurs for one specific user.

When the user creates a new task in Outlook it syncs to BB successfully. The user changes the tasks then on the BB device. The task is sync'd back to Outlook fine. The user opens the task in Outlook and everything looks ok. The task can be opened and closed without problems as long as it is not modified. But when it is modified again and then saved and closed all content is gone. The task is still there (incl. the title) and it can be opened but all the information that was typed in is gone. Regardless of the length of the information. So its not a problem of the number of characters. Furthermore the problem does not occur if the same procedure is done through OWA but does also occur if the user uses Outlook on another computer.

As it seems Desktop Manager is the bad guy:
    I was able to reproduce the problem yesterday on my laptop. I installed Desktop Manager and configured it to sync with my BB. After I disconnected the BB and changed Tasks back to wireless sync on the device I had the same problems as describe for the other user above. And I still have... ;-(

I have no idea how to get rid of this problem. I tried everything from reinstalling office on the laptop to resending service books. But what I also found out is that the problem is only appearing on my laptop, i. e. the machine where BB desktop manager is/was installed. I can edit tasks fine on my desktop PC which is running Vista and Office 2003.

I also turned off Cached Mode and Offline Folders in my Outlook on the laptop but still no success. I tried almost every possible settings in PIM sync in Desktop Manager.
    I don't know what to do else.

Any hint for a solution would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Sorry I forgot to specify my environment:
    We are using Exchange 2003 and BES 4.1.2. The device is a 8700g. All wireless sync is activated on the server in both directions.
    Last edited by The_Kirschi; 03-13-2007 at 08:23 AM.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

The_Kirschi no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Blackberry deletes text in Outlook tasks

The issue is fixed in BES 4.1.3 Hofix 2.