Hello. Can someone lease help me I've downloaded the newest version of my handheld software ... RIM Desktop Software forum

teeni187 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Blackberry 4.5 Handheld Software for Blackberry Curve

Advertisement

Hello.

Can someone lease help me I've downloaded the newest version of my handheld software for my blackberry curve and installed it on my PC, and I am looking for the vendor XML file however i can't seem to find it on my computer. I was told it would be on my C: drive rim in motion appl loader but it's not there I don't seem to see that folder.

Is it possibly because I am running vista and it is somewhere else I would like anyones help in this matter deeply.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Look in c/program files/common files/research in motion/app loader and it should be the last file in the folder. Also I would suggest that after you delete the vendor.xml while in the same folder click the loader file and install the new operating system that way.

Can someone lease help me I've downloaded the newest version of my handheld software for my blackberry curve and installed it on my PC, and I am looking for the vendor XML file however i can't seem to find it on my computer. I was told it would be on my C: drive rim in motion appl loader but it's not there I don't seem to see that folder.

Is it possibly because I am running vista and it is somewhere else I would like anyones help in this matter deeply.

thank you however when i go into my researh in motion folder click into and the app loader folder isn't there it just a folder that says blackberry and it has a bunch of stuff in it but no vendor xml file

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Are you sure after downloading the new operating system you ran it and installed it to your PC?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    ok make sure you are not just going into c/program files/research in motion you need to be in c/program files/common files/research in motion/app loader

offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    you may have to click a button in the navigation toolbar that says "compatibility files"

i always found i had to do this on my gf's vista pc

offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    cowboy...is vendor.xml a hidden file?

if so how do you enable hidden files in vista? is it still tools>folder options>...

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    It shouldn't be, never has been on mine but it never hurts to try. And yes as far as I can remember.

studio253 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Use search in files or folders vendor.xml~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~