Hi, My office has BES. I have a 8700. i am trying to sync the ... RIM Desktop Software forum

javaman no está en línea Stack level 1

BES + Address book sync

Advertisement

Hi,
    My office has BES. I have a 8700. i am trying to sync the address book at home and having trouble. It would let me read the address book into my home outlook. Keeps complaining that since i have wireless sync ON, it would let be sync via USB.

anybody able to override.

Javaman.

JAN TYLLEMAN no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Re: BES + Address book sync

Hello

in your address book on your BB, you have to go to "options".

there you will find something called " wirelless synchronization" and now it will be set to "on".

just untill you synchronized with your agenda at home. after that, you will have to set the above back to "on".

greetz.

reesemachine no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by javaman
    Hi,
    My office has BES. I have a 8700. i am trying to sync the address book at home and having trouble. It would let me read the address book into my home outlook. Keeps complaining that since i have wireless sync ON, it would let be sync via USB.

anybody able to override.

Javaman.
    Javaman:

1 - If it's synching to your HOME outlook, have you verified in Desktop Manager (Intellisync > Advanced in 4.1, or Email Settings > Advanced in 4.2) that the Account is correctly pointed to your Work Email Address?

2 - Is Step #1 is confirmed to the right email address, verify your PIM configuration is set correctly in Desktop Manager? If on BES, you should have Calendar pointed to Wireless Synchronization and Checked. All other options in your PIM config (Address Book included) should be UNchecked and pointed to MS Outlook. Once the device Enterprise Activates to your corporate BES, your Addresses would synch wirelessly.

3 - Since your going in throug VPN, there may be some issues at play (I have enterprise activated many devices to our BES through VPN; but if it is something other coworkers are not experiencing the same problem, you may need to contact your local BES admin to verify they have the wireless settings correct on your BES account. This is something that has occurred multiple times for our users. The BES admin may just need you to re-activate the device after tweaking the account's wireless sync settings).

If these options don't work, post here....will be happy to offer more help!

javaman no está en línea Stack level 1

THanks. First reply actually worked like a charm. Thanks.