I have a BB 7520 that is not seen by the Desktop Manager. I believe ... RIM Desktop Software forum

dp0321 no está en línea Stack level 1

BB shows in Device Manager, but not in Desktop Manager

Advertisement

I have a BB 7520 that is not seen by the Desktop Manager. I believe I have tried everything I can to fix this but no luck. So far I have tried:

1) Different USB cable, different USB port, try to manually connect by clicking 'Detect' button
    2) Un-installing Desktop Manager and installing version 4.1.1.9, including installing to a different location.
    3) Checked if there are any conflicts in Device Manager (None exist)

When connecting the BB to the computer Windows does in fact find it and I get the indicator that the BB is charging. Also, I have connected this BB to another exact same model laptop and don't have any problems seeing it in Desktop Manager.

I do run into one small problem when trying to do a Clean uninstall, I am unable to delete the directory: C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Transaction Manager\ComponentData\Eventlogs

My next step is to format the machine.

Thanks.

madetosink no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC9D3F

Re: BB shows in Device Manager, but not in Desktop Manager

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Sometimes just doing a gard reset on your phone might work...there might be a setting on your phone that you need to change...when you plug it in via usb does a pop up on your phone say anything about mass storage mode or anything like that? I think one time I selected yes and it wouldn't allow me to connect it to my computer...but I could be wrong